MAR writeup & results

MAR was a rousing success. We were thrilled to have so many people show up and so many awesome performances. Full results are posted at http://mar.yoyocontest.com/results/

I wanna thank Aldersgate United Methodist Church for allowing us to have the contest in their nifty (if toasty) auditorium, allowing us to use their sound system and their duel projection screens. Thanks to our sponsors - YoYoJam, Duncan, YoYoExpert, YoYoFactory, SPYY, Caribou Lodge, and OneDrop. Thanks to the dozens of competitors who traveled from as far away as Massachusetts and West Virginia. Thanks to our judges, who had a long day and a lot of freestyles to view - Tyler Severance, Miguel Correa and Andre Boulay. Thanks also go to Tom Uleau - our MC - who did a terrific job. Finally, special thanks go out to David Yoncha, Tyler Hyde (who arrived just after me at 7:15 am) and especially Thomas - who multitasked by setting up the World Yo-Yo Contest netbook scoring system, judging the ladder AND doing most of the work with the music during a long day. Thomas was 2nd to arrive and last to leave.

And a special thanks to Jesse who was there in hope and memory…

It was lots of fun! Thanks for running it!

Thomas actually wrote a computer program during lunch to help with the freestyles. He is crazy.

And by the way…

What IS the deal with that title?

It was a great time, and a great first time competing for me. I’m very glad I was able to be there at the club the day before too. Both days were awesome!