Manufactured by One Drop

I think alot of people thought I was complaining; I wasn’t.

I just wanted to hear people’s thoughts on it, since recently yoyos made by OD have increased.

There’s slight differences. Regular axles have been around, not just for yoyos. Side effects are unique to your company like hubstacks are to yoyofactory for instance. I feel as though having smaller companies take that uniqueness isn’t right, but hey, its not my call. I give credit to all the advantages side effects give - its a good system. I just like things with their respective companies and not branching out that’s just my view.

I am a little late to the conversation, I just found this post. :slight_smile:

There is one small problem with your logic. You keep saying that companies are “taking” the Side Effect technology, almost as if they are stealing the idea. In reality One Drop offers it to these companies. While it doesn’t sound like a big difference it really is. These companies have the option to use this superior axle system, its one of the many benefits that having One Drop make your yo-yos has to offer. Whether they choose to use it or not is up to them. For every company that does use the Side Effect system there is one that doesn’t. G-Squared, RAyoyos, and Deadly Spins are all examples of this.

Ya I wish the wrath had side effects.

I don’t like the look of side effects so I’m glad that the Wrath uses a standard hub

I totally understand that, especially on the wrath but I like how you can change the weight mostly.

I didn’t know that people had such opinionated views on One Drop licensing their side effects.

What do you think of the Victory, then. Double lipped (CLYW) and Side Effects.

BTW, the double lipped design was used with the ok of CLYW.

See I think this is great because you can get way more variation of designs throughout different manufacturers. I think it was a good idea to double lip and side effect it, sounds interesting to me!

The Victory is an amazing throw. Would it have been awesome without the Side Effects… sure. The addition of Side Effects turned an amazing design into a versitile and absolutely incredible design.

all these companys dont have a workshop thanks why one drop makes them the yoyo

Most yo-yo companies out source their machining. The industrial lathes used in the machining of a yo-yo are quite expensive.