Making yoyo raw

Im trying to make my black magic yoyo avocado raw, any suggestions on the easiest way to do this? preferably without any crazy chemicals. I want a smooth raw finish, and also dont want to ruin it even though its cheap

2 Likes

I used some 220 grit sandpaper to sand the rims off my DV888. You could take some 220 then 400 then 600 then 1000 to 2000 then finish with some metal polish. Careful to mask off or don’t touch the guts, it’ll no doubt add vibe.

1 Like

Doesn’t sanding take take away a little of the aluminum? Could it end up with each side being unequal enough in weight that it would be noticeable? I’d love to sand my MYY N11 which I love except for the shiny finish. I guess it’d just take a whole lot of patience and care.

2 Likes

I suppose you can get an extremely exact scale to weigh them afterwards to get the right weight. If you did sand it, you’d still have the shiny finish, it’d just be raw then. With all that said, I’ve actually only done it once so I may not be the best source for help. Have fun sanding. :v:

I just thought it’d have a different feel with the raw metal as opposed to the way it comes. Whenever I see raw yoyos they don’t seem really shiny but that may be due to the photography.

1 Like

Yeah a lot of raw yoyos are different.

1 Like