Making Response Stickers?

I know there have been lots of threads on this topic, but I didn’t want to necro.

how do bigger companies make response stickers? I am just starting out distributing my own yoyos, and flowable is a little bit of a hassle, and inconsistent in large quantities. being able to just slip in a pre-made pad
would make the process much easier.

1 Like

I’d also like to know. I would like to figure out how to turn Lexel into response stickers. It’s the best silicone on the market, but it takes two weeks to fully cure.

I’d have to figure out how to squeeze a full tube into a large perfectly flat sheet and then locate some sort of a punch that is the 19 mm size for response stickers.

I have the whole process lined out in my head, there are just some logistical things that I need to get figured out. Like if there’s any kind of material that lexel will not bond to that I can put in between the two pieces of the press and the lexel, so the stuff doesn’t bond to the press.

Or, one of those barriers can be something considered non stick, and the other can be a double-sided sticky adhesive of some sort. So that when I pull the large flat dried sheet out of the press, the one side will already have a sticky adhesive on it. I don’t know, I feel like it shouldn’t be this complicated lol

There are lots of videos on YouTube showing how to make flat sheets of silicone. But for our application, we need to figure out how to get one side adhesive, and how to get it punched out the right size.

1 Like

Some useful info here:

http://www.yoyonation.net/index.php/topic,58787.msg669288.html#msg669288

4 Likes

In cases like this a necro may be appropriate, as there is a wealth of info on this subject that would be brought to the fore front.

2 Likes

What is this word? I know it’s not what I’m thinking it is…

2 Likes

“necro” is bring up really old topics. In most cases it’s frowned on for various reasons.

2 Likes