making a yoyo

Where can I find a machine shop in TN and how do I design a yoyo I don’t want to steal a design I just want a yoyo that is professional and spins a long time. any ideas Thanks

It’s going to be rather expensive, just so you’re aware.

Professional is a term thrown around rather loosely in the world of yoyo, but even so, there’s plenty of amazing models to choose from. In the hands of the right player, pretty much any yoyo is “professional”.

Long spinning will depend on your design, weight distribution, the bearing you choose and most importantly, how you throw it.

You may wish to contact a machine shop that understands the needs of this kind of work. We all know about One Drop, but they are in Oregon and I hear they are quite busy these days. You might want to check out what you like in what you have and see about “merging” it into one cool throw.

yeah, I would suggest that if you want to make your own throw then make sure you know what you are doing. look around for information on what kind of design elements you want. master the art of weight distribution. the slightest changes often result in large results in play, so make sure you have a good idea of what you want. just some advice.

As for machine shops, I would recommend that you contact Alvin from fox land precision. he is one of the best options. there is also of course one drop, but I highly doubt that they will ever find enough time to work in some new customers, so they are probably not an option.

hope that helped a bit :slight_smile:

It’s going to cost you a few hundred bucks.
And lots of time.
You have to find the right machinist. Those with no experience or low tolerance limits lead to disaster.

And even if a machinist is capable, doesn’t mean that he/she will do it for you, even with money.

I wish you luck on your efforts, though… but I would probably stick to a yoyo that’s out on the market already.

you know there is such a thing called a 3D printer basically what happens is it designs a mold and you an pour what ever you want into it however if you want a metal yoyo you an send it to a metal company and they will do it for you the machine just 800 dollars but you can use it as many times as you want so yeah custom all the way plus you can make a yoyo company that way