MagicYoYo Y01 turned responsive

Hey guys,

So I got a Y01 last week to get back into throwing.
Not sure what I’ve done but the Y01 has now become tug responsive and I’ve no idea how to turn it back to unresponsive. I have opened the yo-yo up which I thought was no big deal but since it’s a cheaper yo-yo maybe that’s messed up something somewhere?
Anyone else had this issue or know how to turn it back to unresponsive?

1 Like

Hey Rigfoll,
check yoyo ball bearing cleaning on youtube.
I personally put my bearing lighter fuel.
Then it should be fine again except the bearing is really broken which I do not think.
GreezRay

1 Like

Thanks for your help! I opened it up to try remove the ball bearing but don’t have a tool to remove it. My other yoyos I’m able to remove it by hand. Will have to pick up a tool as the ball bearing is definitely not spinning well.
But I did notice a horrendous squeak when I unscrewed the yo-yo. Put a tiny bit of WD40 in the screw and squeak is gone but also the responsivness seems to have gone a little too. I was able to do a plastic whip but if I tugged it hard enough it still returns.

1 Like

You can use a 1/4" end of a drill bit, the rounded part. Just be careful. Pliers are better, but there is a specific way to use them for this, and you are safer with the drill bit for now. Jake from G2 shows how to use the pliers on Youtube

1 Like

Sweet I’ll give it a go! Cheers man

Have you looked here:

Useful modification & maintenance guides – clean, repair, tune, fix yoyos

1 Like

Will do thanks! Been away from yoyos for years now. I’ve totally forgotten all things maintenance…and tricks too haha

I thought with MagicYoYos you could just use magic gestures and words to get results. Hmmm…maybe not as magic as I was led to believe. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve had this happen. Just take out the bearing and clean it. Should be good then.

1 Like

So was able to clean the bearing. Solved my problem!
Thanks for all the help everyone!

2 Likes