MacBook Pro Vs. Surface Pro

I think a Lenovo Yoga would be the best decision for you. Pretty well priced and designed. It’s a laptop that can fold over and convert into a tablet.

CNET’s Editors’ Choice Award Winner

Best of Both Worlds

Not gonna lie, that thing’s pretty cool. And better specs than the surface pro.

Wait, is the Surface Compatible with Videopad Editor?

Surface Pro runs FULL Windows 8, anything that runs on your laptop should run fine on it. Basically, the Surface Pro is an Ultrabook with the form factor of a tablet. I would still recommend a laptop of some sort if you’re serious about video editing.

^ this
Like I said before, the surface pro simply doesn’t have enough storage space, with the max being only 128 gigs. The lenova yoga, the asus touchscreen, and the toshiba satellite all have atleast 4 times that, with better hardware overall. If you’re set on getting a surface pro though, then nothing we say that hasn’t already been said is going to sway you otherwise.

Oranges are way more awesome, just saying… Mac would be the orange in this case.

I went to BestBuy today, I talked to one of the staff, she asked me a couple questions (similar too the survey I took) and recommended the HP XT Spectre (I believe that’s how it’s spelled, but its the one I linked a while back) so I’m not sure to go with that or the LenvoYoga Pad.

IMO, i would not choose a tablet, especially if you are going to be using photoshop, tablets are not meant for those things. Go for a labtop, it would have better graphics as well as better speeds. And also, I really dislike mac’s, i would rather use linux before i use mac (and I do use linux for programming purposes).

Would the HP ENVY be a step up from the HP XT Spectre?

What are the specs of both of them?

Well wait, are they both tablets?

From what I have heard from various friends ranting on the bus, the Lenova and the Surface Pro seem like the best bets. I think it was the Lenova THinkpad or something. Noobstatus…activate!

No, both are touch screen laptops.

Lenova makes a very good line of laptops. I have one. They may make something to compete with the surface pro as a low end system.

Forget the surface pro! I hear from my dad who is a computer wiz. that the software on the computer Sucks it let’s in sooo many bugs and viruses in really easy. Plus your better off with a laptop my dad say that tablets may be the future but there a TON of things the can’t do. By the way how are you supposed to edit videos on a tablet computer exactly? And more or less be able to upload them? Plus in high school you will be using it for lots of essays and stuff so how are you supposed to print that stuff out? At this rate you need to broaden your options to something more reliable than a tablet with windows 8 on it which has too many bugs! ( I am surprised it’s out of the testing stages) now at this rate you can see I am very pro on computers because I have to use one for schools because of my very very messy handwriting and I will be using on for high school provided by the county. Now what I have just said is some Major stuff to think about. So keep thinking. So at this rate you might want a computer because you can get some great software for them like Ubuntu, fedora Cora 11 even the software apple uses. Plus the older versions of windows aren’t bad either.

the surface pro runs full windows 8. Meaning You can install any software on it that you could any other computer using the same os. Most printers today are capable of wireless printing.
There are people who record, edit, and upload all of their videos using only an ipad, so using a tablet pc would be just as capable. I’ll agree that windows 8 is buggy, but it’s mostly designed for tablets, so it would be better suited for something like the surface pro. You can download any good virus protection, so that’s not any more an issue than it is on a normal computer.
Using a laptop though will allow for more storage space, better hardware, easier typing, and likely easier video editing. With a touch screen laptop, you’ll be able to use photoshop just as easily as you would be able to using the surface pro.

I’m not sure the specs on either of the hp laptops you mentioned, can you provide links to them?
And just out of curiosity, why rule out the touchscreen asus I linked on the previous page?

I don’t like the shape on the Asus, I need something thin to fit in my backpack/ YoYoJam case.

Is VideoPad compatible on the Surface Pro? What video editing programs are available for the Surface Pro?

You can download software into it, and it’s basically a laptop in tablet form, it can have a magnetic keyboard attach to it in 1 second. It has ports so you can connect a USB cable to it, and take the files from your camera; it also has 2 720p HD cameras that can be used to record (it even has a integrated kickstand!). It already has Microsoft Word, and those programs to type, which can be done with the magnetic keyboard or the touch screen.

Personally, I would still put my money on the traditional desktop/laptop environment, but that’s why that’s my money.

1 Like

same

Went ahead and got the Surface Pro, and it’s no where near what every one ha said about it. I currently have no Wi-FI (I’m using a YYE App on a iPhone with 4G) ill be getting wifi Sat. So far I have everything set for school, Word, PowerPoint, Etc. I am gonna get photoshop to do my art work (ima start uploading some on the forums ;D) and I should be getting a Video Editing program soon, and a Go Pro on my Birthday.