Ma states

Are you going to bring your fancy coffee mug you had at Worlds man? :slight_smile:

I’m not feeling too good today so i’m hoping i’ll be better by at least Saturday. :frowning:

I hope you feel better.

My Freestyle is finished and currently practising the heck out of it

Yep, feelin’ better already and what division are you doing?

Sport 1A

I’m really nervous

Don’t be

Well, after I pulled a Jensen and had a mental breakdown, I will not be competing at Ma States. Or going maybe ??? :frowning:

It will be a good time, whether or not you compete. I hope to see you there for one.

1 Like

The TotalArtist will be in the building.

Off the top, in a zone:

I’ve been working, making holders, this week was great,
Now it’s time to kick back and get a seat at Mass States,
I’ll see some cool players do their tricks on stage,
YoyoExpert announced the contest on their Facebook page,
So, I’ll be there, and it’s in a new venue,
Mass States, the 10th year, in the future will continue,
And we’ll yo-yo all day until the day is done,
So come out and play, you’re sure to have some fun.

…and ya don’t stop. 8)

2 Likes

I’ll be there wearing a black deadly spins shirt and a black LAkings hat if anyone wants to say hi!

Sweet! I just got a Gambit and it’s a beast. I left my house at 8:00 and I’m about an hour away, can’t wait.

Was going to go… Now I’m stuck here at home…

To everyone I met and got to see again, it was super awesome to hang out with everyone!

Off the top, in a zone…

I went to Mass States, and it was all the rage,
First time I saw a Yeti that could twerk on stage,
Lots of yo-yo stars, were able to come through,
Went to the YoyoExpert table, and bought a Puffin 2,
I saw lots of new people, some I’ve seen them all before,
Mass States 1A winner was Tyler McCallumore,
He was the guy who made it, and freestyled the greatest,
That’s how Mass States is, so glad that I made it.

Word. 8)

Haha I broke a string on stage but I had a great time. Got 2nd in 3a, 4th in 4a, and 27th (two switchouts) in 1a

It was a fun contest, we arrived late but early enough to catch the start of the afternoon session. I picked up a couple of OD 10 balls and a B Grade Popstar. Wish I’d seen some of the sport 1A, to know if I’d stand a chance in the old peoples group. It seemed like the main hall was a little small for the amount of people in there, especially if you were trying to move around while avoiding getting hit by people throwing. Loved the restaurant right across the hall though! I’m probably in the minority, but I don’t enjoy the bits between the action - dancing yetis, kendama unicorns, who’s wearing the most pink…don’t do anything for me - is it really that difficult to find yoyo related things to entertain people at a yoyo contest?

Anyway it was fun to return to a contest after 8 years away, and I’ll probably go to NER.

I saw a ton of cameras there so you can expect videos. Philip and me are uploading some videos soon here: https://www.youtube.com/user/TeamECstaticVideo/videos

I think some other channels have videos too

I’m super mad because I literally just completely forgot it was happening. Completely slipped my mind and everything. I guess a week or two absence from the forums can do that… Well, there’s always next year.

1 Like