Luftverk Evora!!!!

One of the first things I thought was also, “An aluminum version would be killer!” Jeff has stated that Luftverk will do exclusively Ti, but y’know… people change their minds. :slight_smile:

I can’t get enough of both the Evora and the Dream. Two completely different beasts, but both are proving to be easy choices to “go to” for the day.

and here I sit… waiting for mine…

Me too Berto, me too. :’(

If he did aluminum he’d have to change the distribution though cause of that part that’s like, 0.5mm thick. Or 1mm thick. Something like that. I want to say he did an aluminum prototype and the body snapped apart. Where did I hear that?

Outside of people sharing them at contests or other gatherings, I’m thinking he’s going to need to make more if he wants more people to experience it. Because I don’t imagine too many of these original 45 will end up on the secondary market, they’re just THAT good. I know mine won’t be sold/traded in the foreseeable future.

Did anybody here get that special finish version? I’m curious how that plays, as the purple glass dust version already grinds pretty well. Would be interesting for somebody to compare both of them, but that may be difficult with how few of them there are.

So just got mine and I was one of those on the fence that was just meh sooo much hype, everyone says its soo good, blah blah blah, and now I am one of those. Just about everything about it is great!

The feel, the sound, the floatiness (whatever that is) spintime, etc. I don’t have anything bad to say. Although the finish isn’t the prettiest in the world for something that is “special,” the feel of it definitely is.

It’s like a Skywalker and Wooly Marmot 2 combined and refined into something beyond special!

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Always great to hear what other people think - helps with future designs. As always you can reach me by email as well.

For everyone wondering - I have been in contact with Andre for a super limited run of raw Evoras. Thats all I can say right now.

Jeff

When are the titanium clyw/luftverks coming out?? ::slight_smile: didnt buy an evora cus im saving to get every single one of those ever released :smiley:

Came home to a surprise yesterday!

It’s good. Really good. To me it plays like… Like 3/4 bimetal X 1/4 aluminum.

It reminds me of Amplitude X Sputnik. I feel like it really takes advantage of the titanium medium being used. I really like that. Like, why make a titanium yoyo if you don’t exploit the titanium advantage. Very happy. Was a bit worried that I wouldn’t be able to tell a difference. I’d say it’s less of a difference than bimetal VS aluminum. Anyway it’s really good. The finish is really cool too, it is like Teflon, it almost feels like ceramic which is a cool accompaniment to the ceramic bearing. Dig it, good job Luftverk.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a242/EasyTrapezey/Mobile%20Uploads/7EB5720A-499A-46E7-827C-B59F91005F05_zpsgsgb1fyd.jpg

And thanks!

Oh, forgot to mention, it’s really great with OD slim pads.