Lost a yo-yo, opportunity to straighten up

For some reason I can’t find my qubit anywhere.
I find missing stuff is an indication I’ve either become too disorganized or careless, hopefully not senile. Maybe it’s in the car.

Anyway, maybe it will turn up. A little aggravating, but it happens.

If it’s missing for good, it’s the yo-yo I’ve actually lost.

Losing it put me in touch with my inner child :slight_smile:

6 Likes

After being in the hobby for about a year and a half, ive only lost one yoyo as well. My blue One Drop VTWO. Though I don’t blame myself for this entirely as I think some kid stole it from me.

I once lost a module to my Eurorack modular synth. Found it in a pile of junk in the man cave 3 years later.

2 Likes

I lost an xconvict at my aunt’s house. I feel your pain

1 Like

Yoyos never get lost, they just relocate.

1 Like

I “lost” my Protostar once.

It turned up a year later, in my closet…

Stealing Kid has good taste… :wink:

Seriously though, if someone stole one of my VTWOs I think I would put out a bounty on the little ******.

2 Likes

I like to think that the yoyos I use are found by people and they decide to google tricks when they realize it’s not a regular yoyo

1 Like

It will pop up when you’re looking for something else. Things like this happen to me all the time. I had my One Drop Dingo go into hiding for probably a good year. One day when I was picking up something that fell, I find the yoyo just chilling there under my dresser…why I didn’t see it there before when I was looking is beyond me. Yoyo gremlins do exist.

If not maybe I’ll time it right when the Qubit is for sale here.

Edit: Found!

It was in an inside pocket of a jacket I rarely wear. Trouble was I checked the jacket, and moved on. I never thought of the inside pockets. Anyway, it was nice to find it, the hunt is over.

5 Likes

Oh boy. Wait until you get old.

1 Like

i don’t lose yoyos… i just misplace/hide them from myself.

Lol I just watched toy story 4 with my daughter yesterday.
This kinda hits the spot

3 Likes

The tricky thing is when you search for something and you miss it in a “search” area. For instance you search the sofa, and decide nope, not there.

But it was :grimacing:

3 Likes

I watched 3 last night. Getting ready to watch 4. If I can remember where it is.

1 Like

ive lost like 80 percent of my throws :frowning:

No you didn’t… did you?

1 Like

They just fade away, as I spend of my time playing with newer throws. They are never to be seen again.

hm. :thinking:

1 Like

I lost a yo-yo in October last year. Last week a was buying lunch from a food truck and the guy working it looked at me and said, “I have your purple yo-yo at my house.” So I may actually get it back.

2 Likes