Looper starburst help

So the two yoyos in question are the Dawn D3 crystal and the hornet. I own 4 D3 and 3 hornets. One of my D3s and one of the hornets response system is very harsh even though they have the same set up as their counterparts. It seems to me on mass produced loopers there can be inconsistencies with the starburst.

What are some ways I can smooth out the starburst? I actually read someone saying to rub it with denim for a long time. I want a easy fast way to do it if possible. I’m going to be selling/giving these yoyos to beginners and want to be able to fix them. It would be nice to just replace them if people have this issue and I could fix them and give them away to lesser fortunate kids.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I’ve not dealt with this personally but I’ve not went through a lot of loopers either. I can, however, see the possibility of some new throws coming off the line with inconsistencies that may make them more prone to snags. The idea of rubbing with denim seems very reasonable to me and I can see how that could easily rub the surface smoother. I can’t imagine a situation where trying it would result in ruin either. Bottom line is…give that a try, it couldn’t hurt. Beyond that I can’t say. It is plastic so you would certainly want to keep the abrasive level pretty low. That’s why I thing denim would work. I have used it in metal bluing to act as an abrasive that’s more mild than sandpaper. It’s more abrasive than you would imagine. :grin::+1:

1 Like

Just use them and they’ll wear down

3 Likes

Not really. So snappy they can’t sleep