Looking for owner of yoyos lost in South America

Hey guys, new account and kind of a long post. I’m from a South American country so sorry in advance for any bad english.

The other day searching for yoyos in Facebook I found an ad that had some “metal yoyos for sale” (that was the title of the ad) for a low price. While looking at the photos of the ad I saw some yoyos from Clyw that I did not know about. I got curious and bought the 3 yoyos that were on sale (they looked in good condition and were pretty cheap).

Later, I tried to identify the yoyos. Since they were old yoyos it took a while, but I managed to identify two of the three, they were: a Clyw Peak 1 and a Clyw Canvas. The third yoyo uses Side Effects but is not a One Drop (I searched in the website and it did not match any yoyos)

The thing is, when I looked at the prices of the yoyos online I was baffled because they are far more expensive than what I paid for them. So they are either: A) stolen or B) somebody lost them at the airport and they were later bought in an auction or something.

In any case, I asked around in the local community and they do not seem to belong to anyone in my country (the community here is very small), so now I’m reaching to international forums to see if the original owner can be found. If they appear, I want to try to give them back ( I’m not in a position to do it for free, but paying what I paid plus shipping would be enough).

Following is a photo of the Peak, it seems to be a half swap of two other colorways (one half is blueish and the other gray) so I thought it would be enough for the owner to identify it (I assume half swaps of these old yoyos are kind of rare). If you think you are the owner contact me !

TLDR: Bought yoyos from unknown origin, trying to look for the original owner.

26 Likes

Yooooo this is absolutely nuts… I’m guessing the third yoyo is an Anti-Yo which means whoever lost these is probably down about $2k worth of yoyos lmao

Make sure not to post photos or descriptions of the other yoyos so whoever the owner is can tell you what they are/you can use them as a means of verification.

However, keep in mind there are definitely cases of people just straight up not knowing what they have/not caring and just listing it for sale to get rid of them. It may not be a “these are stolen” situation, I feel like if a collector did have these stolen from them they would’ve posted here or FB. I know I would. Sometimes there are just crazy, crazy deals are out there - and this reminds me of a few that I’ve seen. Have you contacted the person you bought them from to figure out what the situation is?

6 Likes

Yeah, I thought the same so that is why I did not give that much info about the other yoyos. ¡Thanks for the info! About contacting the seller, he did not give much info. He said his mom sometimes bought random things and tried to sell them later, and also when he showed me the yoyos he was sliding them across the floor, so he probably did not care very much about them.

4 Likes

What a thoughtful thing to do. I hope that this kindness comes back to you, Eduardo, and that the owner of these yoyos stumbles upon this post!

8 Likes

Awesome you did that. I love the yoyo community. Hope you can find the owner.

4 Likes

Such a unique yoyo! I really hope you can find the original owner!

2 Likes

Awesome thing to do! Also I think that’s a third run peak for reference.

2 Likes

This is a crazy story! I hope you find the original owner!

2 Likes

Not necessarily, aside from a Bape.2/Viszilla or [DRY-/SLCK-]YWET off the top of my head the 3rd yoyo could be:

• 3YO3 Bassline 2
  • Toxic Hazmat
  • Eternal Throw Victory
  • YoYoCommunity Spectrum SE
  • og YoYoWorkshop Capstan
4 Likes

Eduardo…

You seem like a most well meaning person.

The problem with your ‘mission’ is that you are seeking ‘the 2nd most honest person on Earth.’

Even with the best intentions, your chances of locating the actual owner is quite the challenge.

At this point, nobody has mentioned dropping a bag of -yos off the wing of a Stealth bomber while flying over the Amazon jungle

I suggest you just keep the yo-yos and enjoy them.

15 Likes

Give it time.

6 Likes

I mean the yoyo community is pretty small and those are pretty unique. It is worth a try. I wouldn’t feel guilty about it if it doesnt work out atleast.

2 Likes

Glad to know that there are people like you in the world Eduardo. Thank you for going the extra mile to even find a relatively small community like ours just to help. That being said, if the owner never shows up, you will have a pretty good yoyo collection to start with if you decide to pick the hobby up.

2 Likes

While I too appreciate the post; I hope there are additional identifying marks that are not pictured so that the true owner can confidently be found.

2 Likes

He throws already! Just new to this forum is all.

2 Likes

I see that now. Context is easy to gain when you actually read the whole post as opposed to skimming and i need to start doing that lolol

2 Likes

The benefit if being a slow reader. Apparently, it’s normal to read faster than you speak? My wife told me this and it kinda blew my mind. She can finish a full novel in a day though. I have for sure never read faster than i can speak, that’s wild.

2 Likes