Long Distance Yo-Yo (my first video)

Hello!

My office had a talent show so I decided to make a yo-yo video to submit. I came back to throwing a couple months ago after a decade long hiatus and I haven’t been progressing very quickly so I’m still not very confident in my technique, but everyone’s gotta start somewhere. Aside from that, I had a lot of fun putting the video together and recording the soundtrack!

I hope you enjoy!

12 Likes

Neat concept! :+1:

2 Likes

Love the creative approach. It’s a yoyo video shot in the style of a nature show. Just need some commentary from David Attenborough :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ll be watching the woods around here. I may spot you. I love this video!!! Did you get any feedback from co-workers? Be careful, you may run into Bigfoot. It’s a good thing you’re armed!

4 Likes

The coworkers loved it, I’ve had slack messages from people I’ve never even met before coming in nonstop and I ended up with the ‘most creative’ prize.

It’s easy to feel inferior when watching amazing videos of the pros or other community members throwing but showing your skills to those outside of the hobby is a great reminder that even the most basic modern tricks are pretty darn amazing!

3 Likes

Well, I myself was very impressed with your skills! Keep it up!

3 Likes

I found this video to be really refreshing, because I was able to see what you were doing easily. I appreciate being able to see how you were moving the yoyo around. Also, I enjoyed the intense look to camera after each routines.

Doing really fast yoyo tricks is definitely impressive, but I feel like I only understand <10% of usual yoyo trick videos.

3 Likes

Great video! I like your style

2 Likes