Login solution

lets say this happens:
You are on a random thread. You want to post on the thread, but you realize you are not logged in. you login quickly only to find yourself back at the forum index page.

My thought is that when you log in, you should be redirected to the thread/page you were on… not the forum index

anyone else feel like this?

Although I’m sure this will help some people immensely, you can simply press back until you get to the topic you want to reply to. When you click reply, you should be logged in to your account.

I did the above method when I replied to this thread.

Sure, but he doesn’t want to - which is why he made this thread. It would really make things more convenient.

By pessing back you will get back to the page where u were after logging!

I agree. This has already happened to me a few times. And while “back” did save me, it’d be a lot more convenient this way.

Great suggestion!

Use the copy and paste feature of your computer. Copy the thread url then bam.

1 Like

A lot of forums do something like this, where if you aren’t logged in and you click reply it brings you to the same “post reply” page, but with a log-in script inserted above. This allows you to log in and post on the same page, it’s quite convenient.

I never really noticed the forum did this because I only post from my computers or phone so I just have it keep me logged in.

I’ll look into it.

Another simple solution is to duplicate the tab, log in in one tab, then use the other tab to reply. You should be logged in automatically in the other tab.

I NEVER do anything on the Website, until Im logged in. How bout’ you do it that way?

Ever gone to a forum thinking you were automatically logged like usual but for some reason you weren’t?
Well that is the situation here. The new tab thing is another good idea if you catch it in time.

Why can’t there be a special button, next to reply, notify, etc. that says “login.” When you click on it, a little window pops up and you login there, so you never have to leave the page.

Well I think the real problem comes when your only logged in for one hour on a public computer, and your time runs out in the middle of a big post. When you relog in their is no memory of what you typed, or anything. To all users if your only temporarily logged in make sure you copy and paste.