Lipstick

Lipstick
According to a news report, a certain private school was recently faced with a unique problem. A number of 12-year-old girls were beginning to use lipstick and would put it on in the bathroom. That was fine provided it was of a natural or neutral skin tone, but after they put on their lipstick, they would press their lips to the mirror leaving dozens of little lip prints.
Every night the maintenance man would remove them; and the next day the girls would put them back. Finally, the principal decided that something had to be done. She called all the girls to the bathroom and met them there with the maintenance man. She explained that all these lip prints were causing a major problem for the custodian, who had to clean the mirrors every night (you can just imagine the yawns from the little princesses).
To demonstrate how difficult it had been to clean the mirrors, the principal asked the maintenance man to show the girls how much effort was required. He took out a long-handled squeegee, dipped it in the toilet, and cleaned the mirror with it.
Since then, there have been no lip prints on the mirror .
There are teachers… And then there are educators!

7 Likes

WIN. Smart principal/custodian

Hilarious.

That is amazing.

Genius

And then the janitor got fired because the school got sued.

Yah!

Everyone is so sue happy these days…

Yeah, but sue on what basis? You only have a good lawsuit when you are doing something you should be doing, and something goes wrong that was not due to your contributory negligence or reckless behavior. That puts it simply. A mirror is to look into, not to put your lips on. Further, for a lawsuit you need to prove damages. You can’t just sue someone because something is gross, you have to prove you were harmed in someway, physically or financially. Claiming that is one thing, and proving it is entirely different. Especially in this case, the kids have no way of knowing if that guy was really using toilet water, or just messing with them. To be on the safe side, they all stopped the nonsense…what any reasonable person would do. If someone files a frivolous lawsuit, you can counter sue them for filing a frivolous lawsuit, and sue them to recoup the legal fees incurred to defend against it. Also, the school would counter sue for damages of the monetary loss incurred to pay the custodian overtime to clean the mirror.

But, I’m curious…is that a true story? :smiley:

I wasn’t saying that suing the school would be right, I was commenting on how society has changed to a point where some silly, overprotective, ignorant parents might consider suing smart, even though their children are in the wrong.

Yup, I see your point. A kid will need therapy due to fear her lips might fall off. Sounds like some of the things I see in the news these days. If more people who sue, got sued back, there would be less incentive to get it going. This would be so much funnier as a true story…but there is a moral to it either way I guess. Good stuff.

And then the janitor went on to bottle the toilet water and start a cleaning company called Ducklips-b-Gone.

Wow. just wow. That janitor…

Nice!

I like to use Snopes.com for checking out stories like this. Though, in this case I didn’t get a true or a false.