LF: TMBR axle, my wood•z is OOC (FOUND)

Hey folks, hoping someone has a spare or two they’re willing to sell. Im not too particular on the wood species, just want to get one of my favorite wooden fixies spinning again.
Thank you in advance
Ef.

3 Likes

Check with @edhaponik

1 Like

Right on bud, I might just have to do that.:call_me_hand:

I believe someone was 3d printing these. Someone on Facebook had the cad file for it.

1 Like

Any chance you could post a link to the file or share it here somehow? It would be cool to mod the file to accept a wood axle (plastic threaded sides with a dowel pressed or epoxied).

2 Likes

I was Working on the CAD for the TMBR axle… I printed one, but it was a touch too big. I got Busy and it took the back burner. But I think With some tweaking, it could work!

Anyone have a printer? I had To use a printing company and it cost me $7 shipped to print. It’s gonna be trial and error until we get it right.

I also was able to savage a broken axle!! I epoxied a wooden dowel into the broken halves!

6 Likes

If anyone is better at CAD than me, I’ll gladly send you the measurements and my file.

I literally taught myself how to use fusion 360 on this axle. :joy:

3 Likes

If the one on the left is something you printed, I’d say you’re pretty close. There’s at least a couple of people here who could probably finish it, but if not, I’d take a crack at it (though Colin might have sent kids to college and start making these again before I’d actually finish).

@TheThrowingGnome might be able to help! He is an avid TMBR thrower and 3D printer!

2 Likes

Right on bud :call_me_hand:! Definitely trying this.

1 Like

I can print you some. Shoot me your .stl.

5 Likes

I’ve got an extra axle, but not in Walnut. Hit me up if interested.

2 Likes

The STL I made Is too big, so it needs to be scaled down just a touch. I play On working on it tomorrow on lunch. I’ll get it over to you though

4 Likes

I can easily scale it down in Prusa Slicer if you want. I also find that if I print threaded axle pieces on support you get an “end grain” effect that makes for a nice response. I also added a small bump around the axle that helped a lot with increased spin times and less snags. You can check out the “let’s talk 3D printing” thread for more info on some I’ve printed before.

5 Likes

Found.
Big props to @TheThrowingGnome , he came through like a champ. This beauty is now up and running.

Looking to attempt my first trade post of some duplicates, next week or so.
Happy Holidays
Ef.

3 Likes

What a beautiful thing to see. Anyone have any tips on replacing these axles? How do you do it?

3 Likes

unscrew the caps, unscrew the axle, screw the axle, screw the caps! It’s pretty simple, but the trick is dialing back in to the response you like.

2 Likes

The problem is the side With the cap and axle are just locked in. This doesn’t happen to you?

2 Likes

Yes on occasion. I tend to try and keep my TMBRs together because I am awful at dialing in the response. When I’ve had issues I used a butter knife on the caps. Be very careful though. You can also try the freezer, but not too long since the wood can have issues if there is moisture present.

3 Likes

Yes, that’s what i did. Stuck it in the freezer for about ten minutes. I have a tool that fits nicely on cap to get a good grab. Came off easy👌.

Like @adamantiumpops suggests, a butter knife will probably do the job just be careful.

2 Likes