Please, close. Thanks!

Hi.
I have 200 and I was wondering if I could get a yoyo peak 1 of the second run,(the cheapest one, I am not looking for the 300 :slight_smile: it doesn’t have to be mint, it can have little scratches (I want it to play, not to collect :slight_smile:
is it possible to get one around for that price here?
thanks greetings to all!

6 Likes

they are out their certainly. fools gold second gens, any third gens…

you’ll be fighting w/ @d34dj3d if you find one that was in steve brown’s lucky sock though…

4 Likes

With all the demand and how much easier machining has become in the last 12 years, I’m surprised no one has made a Peak 1 bootleg clone. I like my Peak 2s, but they aren’t the same as the original Peak runs.

4 Likes

it may take more effort to duplicate a, by “todays standards”, mediocre clone, than it would be worth. i’d think there’s a general public accounting of most og peaks… enough again to not make it worth bootlegging them

3 Likes

Since CLYW owns the Peak and the Peak 2 is still part of their current line, it would be a poor idea to directly copy and bootleg the design.

3 Likes

It would be nice to have a Peak 3 with larger rims and an IRG. That would be something great.

2 Likes

Hi all!
thanks for your comments:)
I am only looking for a peak between 130 and 180 … I do not know if there is any race that is at that price or if all the peaks are worth more than 250 ... I have no idea, sometimes I have seen them sell for between 100 and 200 :) I had peak 2 but I sold it. I would like to have a "normal" peak 1 but at a reasonable price :) I can't pay 300 for one :frowning:
(I have never had one in these 11 years that I have been in the yo-yo world and I have always been curious to know how it plays and why it is so famous :slight_smile:
greetings to all!
take care :mask:

2 Likes

They play really nice especially if you like organics but tbh imo they’re so famous because they’re extremely collectable and there’s a lot of hype around them, not necessarily because they’re god-tier throws. There were gobs of very unique colorways and paint jobs, lots are detailed in that Peak history thread linked above, stuff that I haven’t seen replicated since like the Plaid peak, Dark Knight Peak, Watchman peak, etc.

3 Likes

I can’t open the link, I get this

I like the organics:)

1 Like

Try this.

https://www.yoyonation.net/index.php?topic=89984.0

3 Likes

@fatguysnacks247 how would you say the General Yo Essence compares with the older Peaks? The specs and shape are similar and the initial design comes from the same time period, there are still a few avaviable here at YYE.

3 Likes

i can’t speak to 1st and 3rd run peaks, and i only have played the recent iteration of the essence - so there are a lot of differences, and and places there could be rightfully so. the peak plays heavier, the essence is significantly more stable (but will still play without ‘heft’ or ‘with float’ when you want it to). i think the essence does a good job of pushing a performance boundary of an organic throw , without sacrificing everything about being an “organic throw”… the peak is a great throw, it’s… i could go on…

3 Likes

I can open this link :slight_smile:
Thank you!!!

2 Likes

bump of sunday:)

1 Like

Bump:)

1 Like

bump!
I’m still looking for a peak not mint:)

1 Like

There was an Alex Bearing-Gull Peak on here. For $180USD you wont get much more than that. Maybe a FG.

1 Like

yes, I saw it:)
but he has blows too severe for me :frowning:
but thanks for warning :slight_smile:
I hope to be lucky and find some not so beaten!

I spent the money I was thinking of buying a peak with :frowning:
please close this thread.
Currently I cannot pay it, I will try again in the future :slight_smile:
thanks to everyone!

1 Like