LF new strings

I got a 100 pack of kitty XXL around a year ago, but it’s nearing that time again. I’m considering Sōchi or One Drop Basics for some bulk strings, so any opinions on either or bulk string suggestions would be great thanks!

4 Likes

haven’t tried Sochi but i hear good things

4 Likes

I didn’t like One Drop basics; I prefer kitty to those. Their Choice string is very good, but if you’re set on a more typical bulk poly, I really like Monkeyfinger phat vines. They have some weight to them and are really decent for whips. YYF’s Knot Bads are pretty similar, maybe a bit better even, but I think they’re more expensive.

4 Likes

One Drop Basics are fine but I wouldn’t personally go to them as my first pick. Nothing wrong with them and they’re cheap for the quantity but IMO there are other bulk poly options out there.

I’d give their Long Cuts a try. I’ve found I’m not a huge fan of poly/nylon blend but they’re good for what they are.

Personally for pure poly bulk I’d go Sochi or MonkeyFingeR. I also really wanna give Cage Free Strings a try.

4 Likes

Would you be willing to go with some higher end strings? You’d get a lot fewer for the money, but they’ll last you a lot longer (months) and will play better.
I’m thinking Airetics maybe, or Markmonts.

3 Likes

I might need to give Knot Bad another shake. I don’t know why but I wasn’t feeling them when I gave them a shot and ended up giving them away. Wasn’t even a clear reason why I didn’t like them. Might just have not been in a great head space at the time.

4 Likes

Sochi is really good I have some and there amazing

4 Likes

Sochi is good. I prefer them over kitty

3 Likes

It’s actually my first pay day this Friday, so I’ll have some room to experiment. I’ve considered quite a few strings, but I haven’t tried too many of them, so I think I’ll give Airetic, Zipline, Knot Bad, Vine, Sochi, etc a try. I’ve had my fair share of experiences with cheap string so I’m not too inclined to OD basics, but I can just donate them to the club if I’m not going to use it :ok_hand:

4 Likes

I hear ya man. That happens to me pretty frequently. And whatever I’ve used right before colors my opinion of everything new I try. So sometimes I don’t try new stuff until the next day so I can try it fresh. And if I’m a bit off, that can really be screwy.

4 Likes

I recommend the fat its a pretty normal thickness at least for me

2 Likes

I figured since I’m going to try a bunch anyway, I may as well try every thickness and every color

or something like that lol

3 Likes

so, i got a pack of ‘heart strings’ in a trade i just made. i’d never heard of them, but just saw a link about them at the top of another thread. they are really nice.

4 Likes

Me too! I gave mine away too lol

2 Likes

Another vote for Sochi. I’ve tried about everything out there and they’re my favorite.

4 Likes

Any opinion on their regular strings compared to their T-series strings?

2 Likes

I wanted to love it, but I don’t like it at all. Their regular poly is fantastic.

2 Likes

All the strings

5 Likes

its cheaper to buy a 100 pk

2 Likes

I don’t just want a lot of strings. I want a lot of types of strings. I haven’t had a chance to compare different thicknesses of “standard” strings before, so I’m looking forward to it lol. I considered just getting the 10 packs for 4$ each, but it’s a total difference of 12$ for 30 as opposed to 24$ for 75 strings. Twice the price for way more than twice the strings so I think it’s a happy medium.

Imo it’s hard to justify 4 or 3 dollars for 10 packs since the price per string is so much higher

4 Likes