LF: CLYW Chief

Hello All! I am really enjoying CLYW throws, but everything I read says that the Chief is the epitome of CLYW feel. I’m looking to pick one up (preferably in nearmint/mint, and of course cool ano’s are going to be more appealing).

Must be willing to ship it to Canada. Thanks in advance!!

3 Likes

Same , every OLD yo-yo player dreams about Chief that they couldn’t afford when we were young dumb and broke

1 Like

Good luck man!

I’m gonna dm u some links. There are a couple around.
Edit: thought there was another but I linked u one that is out there.

1 Like

Thanks @FrankieJR ! I’m going to hold out for something that costs less than ebay prices if at all possible. Not in a big rush on my end as I already have a pile of new throws coming in the mail right now.

Really appreciate the help though!

Hey guys, this is probably a dumb question, but why CLYW doesnt manufacture these iconic items again, like a restock or second wave (like legendary terrarian, MM magnum opus or even yyf horizon ultra) with minor changes?

I have the impression that if Chief were from yyf, there would already be sequences, am I wrong?

1 Like

That is a great question. I’m new to the scene here, but have a history of collecting things that are only released in limited runs. Normally making another run with obvious tweaks/differences allows the original run to maintain its value while giving a new audience access to an old design.

With CLYW, based on what I know about them they have now moved all production/machining to China and I think their older stuff was machined in the USA. Normally the made in the USA releases cost a lot more to produce and thus cost a lot more to the consumer. I can only think that if they were to make another run of the Chief it would be machined in china and there would be concern about it living up to the original runs quality?

Purely speculation though! I would probably take a chance on a chief 2020 manufactured in China once a couple positive reviews of the protos were posted. Especially if the anodizations matched the old ones and could be had for reasonable price!!

1 Like

I was wondering about yoyos made in China… but hey, China can machine wonderful and super competitive throws, today find yoyos that aren’t made in China is the hard thing. And that’s not a complaint.

PS* I’m also new to the scene… So I hope some old-school can give an opinion.

Chief obtained!! Thank you all for your help and advice. This topic may be closed!!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.