Leviathan 7 VS. Dream Ti?

What do you guys think has overall better play? The Leviathan 7 or the YYF Dream Ti???

people keep comparing grilled chocolate cheese to deep canopy trawling

Bumping this cause no one is answering… Has anyone played with both? Anyone?

I have played both extensively. I owned a TI Dream and sold it. The Leviathan 7 is my prime throw. The Ti Dream is really really good. But I only have room in my stable for whatever my prime is. My vote goes to the leviathan 7. I did a review in the review section. You won’t be disappointed with either one you buy.

1 Like

Bump

Bump again cause I really need some more opinions

I liked the Leviathan 7 more. The Dream’s feel didn’t appeal to me at all. There isn’t any noticeable difference in stability. Both of them can play at any speed you want. The Dream is larger and more durable. The Leviathan is smaller and easier to manoeuvre through tight tricks. Both of them have a solid feel, but the Leviathan just “clicked” with me, whereas the Dream felt sort of awkward to me.

You know…your kinda in the same boat I was. Couldn’t help but notice your favorite throw is a Puffin 2. The leviathan 7 size wise is almost identical to the puffin 2.

Not trying to play devils advocate here…but a strong argument could be made that the leviathan 7 is more durable due to the stainless steel rings being on the outside. That’s where all the damage I’ve ever incurred on a throw ends up. Stainless steel is harder than titanium…quite a bit so actually.

Dinging a bi-metal with stainless steel on the outside can seriously induce vibe if it’s a hard hit. Titanium all day for durability in my opinion.

Stainless is more durable (resistance to impact) by an insignificant factor. For our purposes, they might as well be identical. The Titanium resists corrosion and other damage that the steel will not. Overall, I give the “long-lasting” edge to Titanium. :wink:

There may indeed be reasons to prefer the Levi 7, but I don’t think “durability” should be one of those factors. That’s all I’m saying.

If the rings shifted during impact it would induce major vibe. I’ve read reports on such happening. The Nobunga comes to mind. I don’t believe the rings would shift on the Lev7 tho. It’s made really well. Durability shouldn’t be an issue ewith either one…but a solid Ti throw would be more durable in a super bad scenario…like a hard hit on concrete or something. But light nicks and dings would probably fair better on the levi7. Worst case scenario Ti would be more durable.

Good point about the rings. “Near-even” analysis now shifted to “Ti wins”. :wink:

For ultimate durability I agree. I believe the Lev7 is more than durable enough tho.