Let’s discuss BST etiquette, G&S, F&F, and trading

I do wish people gave feedback more often…
(Hint hint to my buyers) lol. But as long as people are happy in the end…than I am happy.

6 Likes

lol, mine were old hspins that had been sitting for years too… at least we could work it out.

yeah, @FrankieJR, feedback helps the noobs and less frequent flyers.

3 Likes

Not bad character at all. Looking out for each other is what we do sometimes.

5 Likes

as a seller, i insist on g&s. to the point of refunding money to have it resent as g&s… which was a pita for an int’l sale mind you, lol.

sellers, price your items to include shipping, g&s AND insurance! usps priority shipping covers $50 only. shipping usps first class may get it there a day later, but you can cover with insurance the entire item cost ($200+ on some throws) for the same cost, including g&s fees. this covers both parties fully (for the most part) if there’s an issue.

7 Likes

I’ll say the same thing I said in the other recent thread;

I hope no one takes offense, but I don’t know anyone here and while I’ll give everybody the benefit of the doubt, that won’t translate to any amount of trust. If (big hypothetical) I sell, it will be G&S (since I can’t trust you, I assume you can’t trust me, therefore lets protect both our asses). If I buy from BST, it will be G&S. I’m only gonna trade in person, and both that and selling is exceedingly unlikely as I love my current throws.

If people can’t handle not doing G&S, I’ll wait and lurk on ebay for that throw, find a place to buy new, find a trade, or go without.

1 Like

I just did my first transaction from BST. When paying by PayPal I did not see an option to choose between F&F or G&S. It may be because I had a balance as I did get a notice that there would be no charge for the transfer. I have sold quite a few musical instruments over the past two years. Shipping, Ebay and PayPal fee is always included in my price.

2 Likes

No worries man. I got you. I sold 3 tonight and a couple guys paid F&F so I cant remember what u picked but it says something like
“Are you paying for goods?”
Or
“Are you sending to a friend?”
Something like that
If u send to friends or family u pay a small fee
If u pay for goods it charges me a small fee.
I think the charge is 3% on PayPal if I’m not mistaken.

4 Likes

I was just trying to get them to post publicly for proof myself and show the actual throws after our msg’s. I knew they were up to something and passed on the 1st sale thread I had seen when they told me to trust them, they are not a scammer, and if I send the money asap they will sell for an even lower price.

Then I noticed they had several BST sale post going at once and another had just loaded. Since they told me to ask around about them and when I did it was all negative, I passed that info on so others could make a better informed decision. Then they wanted to get personal so I sent that energy back. Should have kept that part private.

Sad part is I told them I knew they were up to something after they tried threatening me by message. I told them they didn’t have to do it and I was rooting for them to do the right thing. Dumb, but I had to try.

Felt bad I didn’t contact MoonageMin but the way they posted a proof picture for Chris I thought they were friends.

6 Likes

So I actually contacted @MoonageMin when i saw he was interested in the Edges. He was already in the middle of the deal unfortunately.

I had noticed in the past that the guy had made a thread complaining about issues with a yo-yo and then made a BST thread for it without mentioning the problem.

I also saw him claim a yo-yo that retailed for ~60 actually sold for 85$. This isn’t exactly solid proof of him being a scammer so I never mentioned it on here because I didn’t want to accuse anyone of anything when it could have been absent minded mistakes and not deliberate. I wish I had spoken up earlier.

5 Likes

Yea it was a shutter wide angle… and if anyone knows shutter wide angles… its you. Lol. I remember that bst post

5 Likes

Just some personal rules/tips that I try to follow myself when dealing with transactions on the BST here and also on Facebook and Reddit

As a seller you should:

1. Post legible photos of the throw you are selling
  2. Should disclose any issues with the throw (dings, scratches, bad vibe, etc)
  3. State your asking price, do not ask for offers (unless it is something rare/collectible that you honestly do not what to charge for it)
  4. Your asking price should include: how much you want for the throw+shipping+fees. So, for example, if you want $40 for the throw, actually ask for ~$47 to cover shipping and PayPal fees. Also, make sure to state that your price includes these things
  5. Safely package the throw for shipping so that it does not get damaged on the way
  6. Provide tracking information to the buyer once the throw has been sent
  7. On higher priced items, I personally like getting the package insured. It’s only an extra few bucks to potentially save you from having to replace or refund an expensive/rare throw you sold, because…
  8. If the throw is lost in the mail it is up to you to make it right with the buyer, hence why insurance on pricier items isn’t a bad idea

As a buyer you should:

1. Be vigilant whenever doing any online transactions; we have a great community here, but that doesn’t mean that scamming doesn’t ever happen
  2. Look for obvious red flags: brand new accounts, deals that seem too good to be true, etc. That’s not to say it’s always the case, but do your research on the person you’re buying from
  3. Don’t be afraid to do a rep check (this is more for FB) on someone you are unsure about; if they are uneasy or unhappy about this, that should be a red flag
  4. Make sure you are clear on the price and shipping method before sending any money. Know if what you are paying includes the shipping and fees, and when the seller is going to be shipping to you.
  5. When you receive your throw, let the seller know that you got it, and that everything is as it should be (throw arrives in condition advertised)
13 Likes

second on insurance! well thought out bud

5 Likes

Here’s one.

Don’t try to undercut anyone’s deal.
Example:
Someone’s BST thread gets a public response of “I want that, but I need time so please hold it till X Day.” And the OP acknowledges and agrees. Now someone else (Person X) who sees the thread reaches out to the buyer and says, “Hey I have one in this color for $30 less, walk on your deal and buy this instead.”
Person X has just pulled a dirty move by encouraging the buyer to renege on the deal.

8 Likes

The greatest BST practice: Don’t be a ■■■■.

3 Likes

YES! Buy, sell, and trade in good faith. Awhile back there was a dispute that I believe wasn’t a scam but involved someone maybe not disclosing the condition of something in a way that made it obvious to the seller what they were buying. Edit (didn’t finish my thought haha): if they had provided pics in good faith that were representative of the condition all that drama could have been avoided.

IMO @shatterFX’s post should be pinned and made standard operating practice on the BST here. I know some of us have placed blame on the scammed for not going their homework but new and gullible people need guidance. I mean, there are kids BSTing here.

Especially item #1: post legible photos, indicative of the actual state of the throw. If the image isn’t meant to represent the actual condition of the item, you might as well post up an image of a lumberjack punching a unicorn as it’s worth about the same.

I’d add one thing: be willing to reverse the sale/trade if one party is dissatisfied. I know that’s sometimes not so simple/painful for international transactions but it’s something you see the mods say repeatedly and regularly on disputes. If someone has a problem with something I sell or trade, I’m willing to refund them once I get the item back, and I’ll refund them the cost of the shipping back if it’s my fault.

7 Likes

I 100% stand by this.

5 Likes

All day long^^^

6 Likes

This 100%

4 Likes