Let’s discuss BST etiquette, G&S, F&F, and trading

alright community, friends, family… why don’t we openly discuss our individual thoughts on BST, as it relates to G&S, F&F, and trading?

G&S can help, what are essentially business transactions, from tarnishing personal relationships… albeit through the web for the most part. when it comes to trades, trust is based on your history, and your individual relationships - there is no security blanket. my personal opinion, your history as a solid G&S individual is more favorable than not. even as we continue to do “business”.

again i like to say, do not step over dollars for pennies. G&S prevents financial transactions - especially international ones - from ruining personal relationships… fatguy with 2 pennies

12 Likes

Nobody should be asking anyone to do Friends and Family. And nobody should be charging extra for goods and services. You agree when signing up for PayPal that you as a seller are responsible for the fee, not the person buying from you. If you can’t handle that tiny fee, use some other method to receive money.

12 Likes

as the seller, it’s our responsibility to ensure our throw makes it. i believe g&s, and insurance, usually $5 total, is “cheap insurance” to figure in.

7 Likes

^ this. Couldn’t have said it better.

4 Likes

I’ve had good transactions on BST here and on previous forums. I generally pay via G&S unless I have a long term relationship with the seller and I expect others to pay me via G&S as well. I generally factor in the fee and nominal shipping in my pricing, never as an extra.

9 Likes

Given my experience, I think reasonable effort to maintain good communication is important.

Also now I know, I won’t be using F&F anymore even if that is what’s asked of you, maybe especially if that is the only way they would trade.

Finally I think people should honour their commitments as this is all based on trust.
If you said you will post by x date, then post by x date or update the person in a timely manner why it couldn’t be met, and update with a new timeline so that the buyer is not strung along and having to be the one following up on what is essentially your shortcomings excuse or not.

I might lay off BST or subsequent yoyo purchases for a while though, I feel like I was maybe greedy and over indulgent buying so many yoyos as a noob, and got punished for it.

sigh, I don’t want to play the victim card, but feels bad man… kind of lost faith in non store purchases for the time being. #restorefaithinhumanity

6 Likes

:frowning:
Bleh…I feel so bad that this has got you down. :frowning: And of course it has…it never feels good to be taken advantage of. To have your trust and faith in someone crushed. And you spent a lot of money too :frowning:.

I’m willing to bet karma will catch up with you. You’re too good of a guy and have done too much for so many.
I hope in time that this will just be a small experience compared to all the good experiences you have with people in this community.

Bleh…I feel for you man :*(

3 Likes

What really #feelsbadman, is when shots were being fired at @Chrisdoc145 on the bst threads 10 days ago on his original BST thread, I still kept my faith in him and even comforted him that it’s okay.
Well by the time people were posting warnings about him, and linking past scams it was too late for me at the time as I have already shook on the deal and made payment. But I assumed if he was a real scammer he would have been banned from the forums so I was under the innocent until proven guilty mentality.
I guess that just came back to bite me, I give up. Might just lay low and stay off the forums for a while too feeling a bit sad today :frowning:

I guess he wasn’t cool…

2 Likes

Yeah, that sucks. This all sucks. I hate seeing your enthusiasm get deflated.
I’ve got nothing but respect and love for you man. You’ve meant a lot to me these past couple of months.
:frowning:
Stuff like this really sucks the fun out of things.

Lay low, enjoy the family…celebrate the holidays.
There’s a ton of good peeps out here that have a ton of respect and admiration for you when you’re feeling a bit better.
I’m sorry this has happened to you :frowning:

4 Likes

oops, posted on the wrong thread.

it’s not greed bud… i’m an overly cautious and untrusting person by nature. it took me a while to get involved with any bst. in the interim, i purchased new a deluge of throws that don’t tickle my fancy that i now have to find a home for, lol… so there is a balance…

as buyers, we have a responsibility to ensure we perform our due diligence, develop relationships, use the tools we have to protect ourselves and others, and so forth.

5 Likes

@fatguysnacks247 You are one of the good guys. I had purchased a bit and sold a bit on BST, but you were the first person I traded with.

It doesn’t matter a person’s age, but behaving in a responsible way, putting themselves in the position of the person on the other side of the deal goes a lo way. You did that very well.

Maybe the first rule for BST should be The Golden Rule - treat others the way you would like to be treated.

6 Likes

Agreed. Fatguy is awesome.
He went out of his way to make a trade with me I’d been wanting to make for quite awhile. He even threw in a bunch of green snacks for me! lmao :green_heart:

2 Likes

10 hearts bruh! i was so apprehensive for so long on trading… but i’ve had successful trades through and through, and thank you @French. we have a whole community of rockstar traders here that i’ve got some of, if not my fave throws through. it’s this that keeps our community thriving as more than just a bunch of throwers. but a network of friends and family with diverse styles, tastes, and differences that want to stick together and help each other out - this is evident. there are protections in place to protect noobs and vets, and vets from noobs, and so forth… in the end, all that matters is relationships…

5 Likes

Ill be honest. I private messaged him inquiring about the Edge beyond 66% he sold to you to lure out any suspicious information.
I do not know if you would say that was bad character on my end but I was just trying to look out for you

4 Likes

This is really good. The best thing that happened out of the recent situation is that we are coming together to discuss good buyer/seller& trader Etiquette.

7 Likes

Nah, I think your intentions were good (looking out for others).

6 Likes

here’s the thing, @French had the best comment - the bst golden rule, treat others how you would like to be treated…

we’re not perfect, to err is human. @Sinister_Yoyos has to be one of the greats… i had a couple old bois that had been sittin around that went his way. the bearings and pads were rough, but he gave me an opportunity to fix that, and i reaaaaally appreciated that on my end. ultimately, i want him, you, me… all of us to be happy. i enjoy throwing, learning, interacting, building relationships… this is a fun hobby/lifestyle/addiction for all ages. it shouldn’t be tarnished with a couple bad actors, or soured moving forward for someone over a b$ incident… that would straight $uck… i’ve been in and out throwing for 20ish years… we should set a higher bar and example considering the huge age range involved in our hobby…

7 Likes

:heart::heart::heart:
This right here is what puts the icing on the cake when it comes to why I love to yoyo. The community. For the most part, a lot of us do practice the treat others the way you want to be treated rule and it has made my experiences so far to be flawless.

Mistakes can happen for sure. Making right with them in the end can usually always result in a positive experience. I have nothing else to say that hasnt been said. But I appreciate you making this thread.

4 Likes

Haha, @Sinister_Yoyos has the worst luck with bearings it seems.
I did a trade with @Sinister_Yoyos last month and sent him my '07 Pyro plus cash for his G2 Covenant.
Seems like the Pyro sitting in my yoyo case unused for 12 years caused the bearing to seize up.
He noticed the bearing acting responsive even with a clean, I immediately had a brand new D size bearing shipped to him directly from yoyoexpert to make sure everything was perfect though.

If you saw my trade feedbacks, I always go out of my way to make the buyer or seller feel happy, I agree with @French people should respect others and treat trades the way you would want to be treated yourself. this should be rule #1

9 Likes