LED 2a yoyos recommendation

I’m mainly looking for a good 2a yoyos that have LED on both sides. I’m open to suggestion on one-sided LED.

I dont have anything to compare, nor a lot of experience with 2A.

But I do have two Duncan Pulses that I love to use when in hanging out during cookouts and stuff at night. Pretty low price on YYE.

1 Like

I have only the Yomega Spectrum and Magicyoyo light up (D5??) to compare. The Magicyoyo plays nice but it’s heavy and you feel it. The Spectrum is really not bad. It’s a plastic trans-axle, and I prefer the feel of a bearing, but it doesn’t play half bad. There is a bearing version the Spectrum EX but it is more expensive. I have not tried that one. That’s about all I can add.

Loop 720 LEDs or the Sochi joints

3 Likes

I didn’t even know these were a thing. Definitely go for the Loop!!:smiley::smiley:

Thanks for the recommendation I decided to get the Loop 720 LEDs.

4 Likes

Ive never done 2a but when I was just learning the basics of yoyoing I used a Yomega Spectrum. It felt really good but I was learning the basics of yoyoing so I don’t know how good it was really.
I would like to be able to try todah but the axel snapped😔.

Huh how did I miss this thread… the magic D5 has a switch like the loop 2020 which is nice

Duncan pulse and limelight aren’t bad

Loop 720 led and Sochi spinners led seem good

Yomega spectrum (ex) seems like a pulse and limelight to me

I know there’s some of the yyf go series that had light up and the 1080 had a light up variant

Yoyo formula sells a light up kit you could probably fit inside any looping yoyo with removable caps

That sadly covers most that you can find in any real way today

I saw this was bumped up and might as well give an update to the 720 LEDs. They are good and play similar to the regular 720 with noticeable extra weight, which is fine, I set it up to my looping preference and started looping with it until I noticed one of the side were always on. I found out that the contact strips were always in contact with each other. I tried to bend it back, but I couldn’t bend it back.
image1 This is what the contact strips should be
image2
This is how the contact strips on one of the side were after looping for a couple of minutes

I followed this post Loop 2020 LED fix for a good enough fix to the problem. Which is worrying to know a previous similar throw had a similar problem. The loopers are good, but it is unfortunate that this kind of problem could pop up in the future. I will try other recommended light up loopers.

1 Like

The Loop 2020 has LED caps available. They have a negligible weight gain and work great. I’ve used mine for years at night when my wife is asleep.

The Duncan Pulse works good but it requires a few RPM’s for the lights come on. The 2020 are manually switched on.