kuyaChristian has a bunch of maintenance questions

Rather than using pliers, I’d really suggest trying to remove it from the inside, like this:

I realize you don’t care about the bearing at this point, but I’ve found that a drill bit offers more leverage. If it’s totally seized and wont still wont come off after the WD40, you can also try a vice.

I use the YYF Multitool when removing bearings since I don’t always have a pair of pliers handy.
I still care about the bearing at some point or the other, so that’s why I don’t want to go all out and break it but I really am willing to use more force than I usually do just to get it out.

I tried putting a lot more force but it seems like the multitool is starting to form small cracks…so the galling must be pretty strong >.<

I’ll let the WD-40 sit for about another week though. Oh well, thug life.

So I ended up contacting YoYoFactory about this issue and since they will be in the local area on Friday, I will personally meet with them and talk to them about this issue.
And from what I noticed, someone I know also has the same Nova colorway and has the same issue with super tight bearing seats. So that says something…

Boom. Waiting until Friday.

I had the same problem with my yuuksta… never did get the bearing out in one piece, i got mad at it in put it in a bench vise, cracked the bearing, and then it popped right out :D.

The YYF van was in town yesterday so I went there after telling them the issue I have. Tyler Severance looked at it for a few seconds, took a multitool and got it out instantly. What took me 2 weeks took him 10 seconds.

What he told me was to wiggle it in a circular fashion, not just left and right back and forth. Moving it only left and right might cause the bearing to push back down the bearing seat so wiggling it circular prevents that from happening.

At least I know what to do when I take out bearings next time :]