KonKave Bearings and Suicides

I opted to stop practicing suicides on my 54 for this exact reason. Terrapin, center trac and nearly all my flat bearings work very well for suicides. I did pop in a KK in one of my Gelada’s and Drop Bear and noticed a slight drop in my success rate.

Working with dragon string and bg1’s now.
:slight_smile:

On another note, I’ve found fat kitty string to be the best I’ve ever used for suicides. Gonna have to get a 100 pack of yellow.

I can’t say whether a Konkave bearing is better or worse, but I promise it can be done. Suicides can even be done on a fixed axle tuggie with enough practice :slight_smile:

I learned how to do suicides on a yoyo with a konkave bearing so it can definetly be done. It might be easier to use a flat bearing (I am really not sure), but a konkave definetly works just fine

Nobody said it’s impossible. But allowing the string to slide make them pretty easier.

Thanks guys, I think I’ve got all the info I need. I’ll be ordering a Center Trac like Gyger suggested.

I just wanted to add that I’ve found string tension isn’t all that important for suicides if, instead of throwing the yoyo and loop around your throwhand, you do the reverse and move your throwhand around the YoYo and loop. With this method I can currently open a perfect loop with any string tension on a regular bearing.

you like those then you should try the Toxic strings BG1’s! Nice, fat string that plays like thin!