Just got my Dark Magic in the mail.... there's a problem =/

Yeah, I wonder how yoyonation’s packaging is

well from what i understand that is a defect.
just do as the others said and contact yyj or yye.
as for the yoyonations shipping, it will be the exact same.
if the box was beaten up then i can almost guarantee that it was the actual postal service that caused this problem, and no matter who you buy from they are still going to give it to the same postal services.
i think you should contact yyj and go from there.

??? It’s definitly a defect…perhaps damaged during shipping? If the rims are bent you should contact yoyojam. They could give another DM for free or somthing :’(

I think I know what he’s talking about, and it’s not a defect. He’s trying to say that the yo-yo vibes more on one side than the other. This is a common problem with metal-rimmed YoYoJams, my Dark Magic used to do it too. It’s almost completely unnoticeable if you have a good throw, but if you haven’t perfected your throw, it seems like more of a problem. It really isn’t a big deal, as long as it doesn’t wobble or affect play.

Eddie, when you throw down your yo-yo, touch the side that’s vibrating more. Does it vibrate less?

I don-t think your throwing it wrong, if the box is beat up that might be the reason

make sure u r throwing straight that could be your problem when i got my DM my first throw was perfect so it could be defective i would cont yoyoexpert if it continues good luck

the box being beaten-up isn’t a huge deal at all. swap it out, re-bend it, throw it out, get a case.

It sounds like perfectly normal YYJ vibe to me. Are there any play issues besides the fact that there is noticeable vibration?

I doubt it’s a defect, but if you can see bent metal while the yoyo is not spinning, then it probably is. However, if you can only tell there’s an issue while the yoyo is spinning, that’s an accepted flaw in yoyojam yoyos. Pictures would be nice.

I think since the box was torn up that the axle got bent. If thats the case one side will spin true and the other will look like its out of round. Contact the store you bought it from and talk to them. Oh and don’t worry. YYJ has probably the best customer service out there!

Just call yoyoexpert, there very helpful.

Do you mean the rim itself is uneven? Not like the things connected to the rim and stuff? The rim is dented?

If the box was broken… that’s a shipping problem… I think. Just ask Andre?

I would suggest trying to get a video of whatever is going on.