Just got back into yo-yoing so I thought I'd post some of my old tutorials for you guys!

I want to start making tutorials again so any criticism is welcome. Please let me know if this slo mo simplistic style is helpful for you

Edit: it was pointed out that I messed up the orientation on this one but my other ones are correct so it’s easier to follow. I’m about to be in the hospital for a month but I plan to start up making content again after

13 Likes

Looks great!
My one wish is the looking down angle be “corrected” (not sure if that’s the best word)
Change the rotation and mirror making the orientation true to play.

I.e. The throw hand in the right lower corner of the screen.

I would personally find that extremely helpful

4 Likes

thanks for pointing that out! This was the first one I made with the setup I was using and I never realized until now that I did that. If you check out my next few on my youtube they’re oriented correctly though

1 Like

So good!
I subscribed

1 Like

Welcome back!

Thanks! Feels good to be throwing again back in 2009-2014 I was spending my entire summers traveling around to contests I miss that so much

1 Like

Xelalala! Miss you buddy. Learned a lot from you back in the day

3 Likes

That’s awesome to hear thanks man! Yeah I had like 70 days of online time on my old account but I can’t remeber the password unfortunately

Hi Alex, how are you doing? Are you going to send me that Chief yoyo I bought from you or will you decide to send the money instead? It’s been well over a year now but don’t worry because I haven’t forgotten. I’m glad you have returned to the forums to set up an account and set things straight.

Let me know what your plans are.

1 Like

are you the guy that was harassing my brother on Instagram? I don’t even recall whatever deal we made but I do remember you from like 2 years ago. All I know is if I sold something then I shipped it. Im not a scammer, I’ve been scammed and it sucks. and if you didn’t ask for insurance I don’t feel like I should have to reimburse that

Don’t worry, I’ve got the screenshots of our conversation.

I just wanted to make sure this didn’t happen to anyone else, that’s all.

1 Like

go ahead and email them to me at alexdias187@Gmail.com and ill take a look

All I’m saying is I’d never intentionally scam someone, I never sold a chief to anyone else, and I don’t have one now. so my guest is lost/destroyed in the mail

Pm’d

It’s a really cool style, but as someone who isn’t very experienced, I have a hard time understanding all the elements. Maybe if you could list the combo elements in order I could look up other examples of the tricks and then once I understand the tricks better I could use your video for combining and the transitions between.

On second thought, it worked pretty well. I’ve successfully learned all the steps. It’s not completely fluid, but I’m close. Cool!

1 Like

Glad you got it figured out! Now when you say listing the combo elements do you mean just like making it more one step at a time? When I make tricks I kinda just do one thing after another and if I like how it ends up I start again up to that point and then try something else and so on until I’m happy with it. So they aren’t necessarily like “basic” elements that all have a name but I could for sure maybe have a short slide that explains each step before it shows in the video if that would help people

Well, i had thought that this was a combo of other tricks that i could look up elsewhere for more broken down instruction and tips. For example, for “cold fusion” it would be:

1. double or nothing
  2. Transition to 1.5 mount
  3. Pop over both hands
  4. Pop back and double wrap the 1.5 mount
  5. Unwrap and land in trapeze

But this was assuming that this combo was built out of other elements. Like, I’ve put together one combo that includes a portion of cold fusion, combined with Buddha’s revenge.

1 Like

That wasn’t super clear, i started writing it and got interrupted.

My final thought is this: I’m not sure a written step-by-step would be helpful if the steps aren’t simple to communicate; if it were just a list of other, more simple tricks then i could go research those tricks elsewhere if it wasn’t clear and then come back to get a handle on the transitions.

2 Likes

I went back and watched your older tutorials thinking “Oh, I bet #1 is a little simpler.”

And then I watched you land a green triangle with the string wrapped around what seemed like all of your fingers at once, and I said out loud: “What!?”

1 Like