just a little problem in teaching

I think that everyone should learn everything with both hands! Everyone should just start over right now, but with the other hand.

Sorry, not really relevant, just been practicing righty lately, its been awesome.

sounds awesome for her just let me tell her tomorrow so that she knows it’s coming along the way to her!

Sounds good. Don’t forget to PM me with an address where I can have it sent.

I’ve been waiting for an opportunity to photograph what I found, but it looks like Mike has got you covered. It was a Reflex and Power Brain XP, just as I thought. I can always send an alternative throw to what Mike sends. Keep us updated on how it goes.

will do! I probably will anyways just to see when stuff arises.

Yomega Brain on the way. Should be there some time next week. I got the original Brain because reviews were mixed for the Brain XP (something about oiling the mechanism periodically) and the Reflex (apparently the butterfly shape gave it an off-balanced feel). At any rate, I think the Brain will be very helpful to get her started. And if she graduates from the Brain quicker than expected, pass it on to another budding thrower. Then you’ll have a trio! Take care, Abby. I hope all goes well.

thanks! Mike and believe me she already has an upgrade (she got a YYF velocity for Christmas) plus I am also scheming on starting a Yoyo club at my high school next year so any yo-yos are good. Also if the Yoyo needs constant oiling I could have done it I have a fairly large bottle of sewing machine oil that I use.

Glad to help. Doing a little more research, it looks like the Brain needs lubing (oiling) as well. You take out the transaxle and lube the axle itself. Then you put the transaxle back on. I’m not sure why people were complaining about the Brain XP, but it doesn’t seem to be a big deal. Oh well, the Brain should still be good. :smiley:

no worries mike, I lubed my brain religiously when I got it 15 years ago, pulled it out this year and its worked fine no lube.

okay! I will let her know! And tell her when the Yoyo starts locking up I will tell her to give it to me so I can oil it. (she’s fairly new at this still and I don’t want her over oiling the bearing.)

Is it me or is there a funny double meaning to this post?  :wink:

Here’s a good video that shows how to lube the yoyo’s axle. Start at 3:20 to see how to lube a Fireball (which uses a similar transaxle) and keep watching until the end to see the unique transaxle on the Brain (at around 4:15).

I’m eventually going to but, for now I want her to focus on yoyoing.