Julians (supbreh1234) review series GENTRY STYLE 2 IN 1: Super G and G-Funk

Super G
Stats:
Diameter: 56.44 mm / 2.22 inches
Width: 42.83 mm / 1.69 inches
Weight: 68.1 grams
Bearing Size: Size C (.250 x .500 x .187)
YYF SPEC Bearing
Response: CBC “Slim Pad” Size 19mm OD

First impressions: unlike the MVP 2, i fell in love with this yoyo at first throw. MUCH more comfortable in the hand and an overall easier to like yoyo. Rim weighted, and h shaped. Heavy.

More in depth

Horizontal: YES! Very stable with rim weight and low walls.

Shape/Comfortability: Nice shape that seems to “hug” your throw hand middle finger. Heavy, and hurts when throw hard and binded soon after. Kind of weird and does take a little getting used to. Has a nice fnish which enables long gind times, althoguh if your finger is to fat you cant finger grind with it. Has thumb grinding grooves.

How it plays: Slower end. Another “untiltable” throw. Very stable, and will never fail you when perfroming long combos.

Compareable to: MVP 2, Dang, Code 1, G-Funk

In the end: Twas another great, long spinning competition throw from yoyofactory. AGain, its long spin times and a large but not gargantuan size makes it. I know this one is pretty short, but many of its characteristics are similar to the MVP 2.

G-Funk
Stats:
Diameter: 50.07 mm / 1.97 inches
Width: 39.44 mm / 1.55 inches
Gap Width: 4.63 mm / .18 inches
Weight: 66.0 grams
Bearing Size: Large YoYoFactory SPEC Bearing
Size C (.250 x .500 x .187)
Response: CBC “Slim Pad” Size 19mm OD
http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/753/YYF-G-Funk---Champions-Collection (this one is cheaper)

Horizontal: Meh. It can do it, but it isnt amazing for it. Probably due to haveing center weight.

Shape/Cofortablitity: A little strange, but its pretty comfy in the hand. Has an H shape. Seem to have kept the same witdh of the rims of the Super G, but shrunk down the central area.

How does it Play: On the faster end of the spectrum. Due to its center weight and smaller size. Quite stable for its tiny size. It can hold its own when doing fast pinwheels and playing ultra fast. Spins a good 2 minutes.

Similar to: Super G, skyline, Chico T bone, yukksta, Monkey fist, smooth move, skywalker

In the end: It is probably my favoite 50mm and under throw. AMAZING! If your looking for a pocket throw that is no gimmick and can handle you top notch tricks, look no further than the yoyofactory g funk!

I know these review are short, but i hope people can still benefit from them. i will be using the same format for each review.

THANKS FOR READING!

Next review: catalyst
After: classic

Great job !!!

I agree with everything you said.

This is one YoYo (Super G) that does not play at all like it would appear to. It’s looks are very deceiving. I learned the bulk of my tricks using a Super G. I particularly love the “Wavelength” Edition.

1 Like

More feedback please?