jensen trick???????????????????/

ok you know how he like throws it sideways and does all those cool tricks how do you like even start to learn that??? ITS SO COOL

He practiced a lot and created his own cool tricks, that’s how…

Happy Throwing! =]

you know how the basic mount that starts everything in yoyoing? the Trapeze. well take that but do side ways. it’s basically you learning how to yoyo all over again.

What you are reffering to is called “horizontal yoyoing.” If you look at the"UFO" trick and how the yoyo is spinning, you basicly play with a sideways yoyo like that. Your right… It is very cool and impressive if you get the hang of it.

This is a really old video of me, but I do horizontals twice in it:

All it is it doing regular tricks sideways.

like are there any tuts to like learn how to throw it horizontilaly cause when i tryit it will just go dead and spin out

keep practicing, it’s like learning how to throw a sleeper again.

ok and then when i see jensen or gentry ill ask them for tips

its called horizontals. its very hard i cant barely do it you just have to continuously practice.

It’s not hard, just a different concept…

Just try to make sure you are swinging the yoyo, such that it is moving continuously. The centrifugal force keeps the string at an angle so that it does not touch the sides of the yoyo.

Just remember its not about speed, its technique.

There are so many topics asking this same question that can be found by using the search button at the top of the page. Please try to use it next time. Thanks.

1 Like

Just throw the yoyo horizantaly (spell check) and do brain twister combos

use your imagination and creativity.

First of all, Jensen didn’t invent that. What you do is you throw the yoyo almost sideways, and just do things like braintwister combos. If you keep practicing, you’ll get the hang of it. That’s really all there is to doing horizontals, it’s about practicing, and the feel for it.

After learning to throw trapeze sideways, learn to roll the yoyo on the string.
Learn Gerbil as a 1st sideways trick.
It’ll teach you to keep good control over the yoyo, but it’s not as hard as a lot of other sideways tricks.

Also, try not to practice your sideways tricks super fast. Go slow and focus on control over speed. Speed will become a crutch for bad form if you practice tricks fast from the start.

Also, when you’re first learning, stick to roll-type tricks where the yoyo doesn’t dismount from the string. They’re much easier and less frustrating than other types of sideways tricks.

Good luck!
Augie

is it good to use a responsive yo when horizontal yoyoing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3baRFvQf_4

Dingkface!

Everytime I go slow it spins out. But im good at that style and i go fast i first started to learn it doing umm skin the gerbil and now im doing all kinds of stuff in it look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I6ZMKZQd44