J-Dye custom dye and more!

Hi ! I’m Jeff alias J-Dye , french Canadian from Montreal,Quebec.
Artists who do plastic dyeing for 2 years now (mostly discgolf disc) and play yo-yo for many years now :older_man:t2::sweat_smile:
I want to showing you my latest creations! With my custom strings and handmade yo-yo pouches!
I try to keeping you in touch with more updates
Thanks for your feedback!
Yo-yo is Luftverk 000 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You can follow me on Instagram
@j.dye .ca
Thanks !

31 Likes

Very nice!

2 Likes

Thanks @Ed-C !
I can share my first one to!

Yo-yo Luftverk Fluvia :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

20 Likes

Spin dying, interesting. Must have a pretty high acetone cut to get it to take without submersion.

1 Like

Hey @Orion22 ! Look like you know a little bit about it :wink:

2 Likes

Never dyed polycarb before, just a bunch of POM. I avoided the polycarb as I am wary of heating flammable solvents. And I am the right age to remember SpinArt toys I suppose.
And dying these yoyos in particular opens up a lot of questions. Does the machined polycarbonate take dye better than injection molded? Did your dye mix melt down the fine machining lines on that 000? If so, does that help lock the color down and bleed proof it? What kind of masking can survive solvents and a centrifuge? And who the hell even sells a dye with that kind of UV reaction?
I was just going to try some of my POM masking techniques on a 000 and see how they go but now I am not so sure.

3 Likes

Thanks @Orion22 ! First of all: NEVER HEAT SOLVANT!!! And honestly I didn’t post here (up&coming manufacturer) to elaborate on my techniques I developed over 2 years of disc dyeing!( so many information on the web for discgolf disc dyeing :wink:) for yo-yo taking me 1 year of thinking :thinking:, find the best plastic throw, modified tool ….! And yes polycarbonate work great with my techniques, I try on the FH1 and don’t think is poly injections?!? Polycarbonate didn’t react with acetone!! And I got scraped FH1​:frowning:
I do UV colours because I m well know for my neon effects! I know ,not everyone playing with black light but it’s had something cool! And UV colours are more vibrant.
And last thing, I don’t think you asked to the guy or girl who anodize yo-yo how he do is new splash technique!? Or how this well know strings makers do is new strings!?!:wink: (and don’t think they will reply anyway!)
Thanks for the interest!
And stay tune!
Big news coming!!(maybe some collaboration?!). Hope I didn’t be to rude?! :v:t3:

7 Likes

Wow Jeff, amazing work. I think you’re going to get alot of questions about your technique because its so good. If I knew how to do it I would definately try to make my own.

Im just about to try very basic dye baths with a 000. Will use glue to leave undyed patterns and thinking of doing color fades too. Should be a fun project.

2 Likes

Thanks appreciated! @Sleeper80 . I understand the questioning! But don’t think is the right place to discuss about it! I love DIY , I was Decor makers for over 20 years !. Making decor for museum,t.v. , movie. But for me DIY always come with what I called TBY (thinking by yourself) You have to be inspired by others to move forward! And I think the more different things inspired you, the more unique things you can do !:crazy_face:
Hope to see your work on your 000 soon! I like the effects of glue and hot dipping !
Have a nice day!

4 Likes

Not rude, just language differences. I am honestly amazed with the look you get. Shame about the FH1 but science needs some sacrifices. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with as you get more adjusted to the smaller work pieces in this hobby.

3 Likes

Thanks @Orion22 !:pray:t3: Got so many ideas but just need more hours in a day to trying all :sweat_smile:
Happy you understand, isn’t easy for me to said everything in my mind ! English is not my native language !

2 Likes

It’s time for the blue one! This batch was inspired by my new 2023 logo colours!

Yo-yo Luftverk 000
Trying to make a survey, what are your favourite colours or yo-yo colours?!
Thanks

10 Likes

How do I buy one of these from you? I am also a disc golf player and have tried to dye my own discs. I don’t trust myself with anything more than a quick dip dye. These are beautiful and remind me of an old school haunted house with the neon paint splattered on the walls.

2 Likes

Thanks! it’s true i’m as old as that :joy: Discgolf is also pretty fun , is my 4 years this year of playing and my daughter to ! If you are on Instagram or Facebook you can see all my disc dying for 2 years now (more than 200 custom dye :hot_face:)
PM for other questions!
Thanks for your interest!
Have a nice day

2 Likes

THE GREEN ONE !!

Even if I prefer the blue this one is sick!!

14 Likes

Ok let’s conclude this set of colours matching of my new2023 logo colours! Try to finish my new t-shirts tomorrow!
The Orange!

12 Likes

Oooooooh myyyy they are beautiful. The green has a new home it’s on the way.

2 Likes

I can’t wait for you to see it in person :smiley:

3 Likes

………

Can you have a love affair with a yo-yo ?

I know the answer.

8 Likes

Nice pic
I like the one who spinning :face_with_spiral_eyes: also!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: @POspot

3 Likes