IYoyo x ILYY TiGer - Impressions

Well… since you asked. :slight_smile:

You happen to have one of my favorites sitting next to the TiGer, how does the Markmont Classic compare to the TiGer?

Alrighty,
As you asked, I played them back to back and here are my thoughts:

Methodology:
Fresh string, both on string-centering bearings (not the same though). As you wanted a comparison, I played the MMC for 8 mins, then played TiGer for 8 mins, then played MMC for 2 mins, then finally TiGer for 2 mins.

Comfort:
The MMC feels a bit more comfortable in my hand. Both have a similar organic shape, but the MMC just fits better in my hand (I’d say it’s the most comfortable yoyo I own), and the tactile feeling of the blast finish is out of this world.

Uniqueness:
Both are very unique yoyos in my opinion. The MMC has the comfort and a unique playability, that I find it amazing, but can’t really put my finger on exactly why, it just feels good. The TiGer has the crazy good looks, and the noise it makes when being played with is music to my ears, I can describe it as almost the same joy I get when typing in a mechanical keyboard, the sound feedback just increases the experience.

Playability:
Compared to the MMC, the TiGer feels more light than the weight difference would suggest (TiGer is 0.4grams lighter than the MMC). I also found it a lot more powerful and a bit more stable than the MMC. Grinds are more controllable on the MMC, but due to the extra power of the TiGer, I can grind it longer. Thumb grinds are also possible on both, and I find the TiGer a bit easier to control. Despite the TiGer being slimmer than the MMC, I could not notice a big enough difference when hitting my tricks.

Final thoughts:
I would say that everyone that likes yoyos should one day own a MMC (or at least try one).
Due to it’s price, I cannot say the same of the TiGer. However, if you have the money laying around, or if you like unique shining things, you should pull the trigger right now and get one while you still can.

Couple more pics…

Awesome, thanks for the write up.

The fact that you don’t like a post doesn’t make it trolling. I know there are a lot of younger folks on the board who might be sensitive to his delivery, but Geezer’s points are valid. Overly critical? Maybe, but not completely unfounded.

1 Like

The reason why I say he is trolling is the way he delivers the message.
It’s fine to be over critical, and I actually appreciate the criticism.
But nowadays everyone over delivers in hopes of making more of an impact, in my view he is trying to be righter than me, instead of being constructive.

1 Like