iYoYo FiRROX

The funnest and most unique bimetal I have seen yet is theiYoYo FiRROX! It feels so different and is a true afternoon delight!! It could be very successful IF the word ever gets out how cool it is.

I thought I had a specific order of bi-metal ratings.

Then something turned over the whole apple cart!

I got a iyoyo Firrox in the mail. It came with a free Smile upgrade.

This yoyo is so good, I am not even sure how to explain why?

There is just nothing I donā€™t like about it. The: shape, diameter, width, weight distribution, gap width, stability, smoothness, feel on the string, the slick as snot finish, mirror polished rims, and beauty are exceptional.

It is simply Awesome.

I am no trick machineā€¦ But I have messed with a ton of yo-yos in the last 17 years.

I am not easily impressed.

This yoyo design really knocked the dust off my brain. Lol

I got home at 11 a few nights ago and threw the iyoyo until 5:30 in the morning. I woke up at 10 and I was still smilingšŸ˜³
This Firrox will get people re-evaluating their bi-metal pecking order.

3 Likes

Thank you, yoyodoc! I enjoy your posts, and, to read you absolutely gushing about a product makes me take notice. Now my purchase list looks to be reshuffled.

My Firrox came in today, only got to throw it a couple times but didnā€™t get to see how it really played. Gonna play with it tonight. Sure itā€™s a pretty throw!

Update: Free bonus smiles and hapiness included, this throw is amazing! Iā€™m gonna have to give it a few days though to let the engraving smooth out some (similar to my Hidra) before I try to fingerspin it again, was just way too grippy. I highly recommend this yoyo though as your next bimetal. Finger grinds for days due to its buttery slick aluminum finish similar to the Hidra. I like to describe this as a ā€œSupercharged Hidraā€ for those who have tried one out.

Bimetals I currently own but have not ranked them in any particular order:
Firrox
Shift
iYoyo Steel
Space Cowboy
Nightmare
Superstar
Pulsefire
Rave
Knight
YYJ H3x
2Sick Knight

ā€¦and Blizzard you will be mine soon to further complicate how Iā€™d even rank these bimetals.

I was notified by a customer about this thread. Reading this first thing in the morning definately made my day! ;D

Thank you so much, guys! <3

Bonus feature - being able to take selfies with the Firrox!

On a more serious tone, this is a beautiful throw.

^ :smiley: Cool

Also., Iā€™ve talked to Zeā€™ev a bit, and heā€™s a super nice guy, too. He also designed the HiDRA. :blush: I want both.

So itā€™s been a week of owning the Firrox and am still absolutely amazed by it. A few things to note:
-I find that this is a yoyo that works better with thicker string as it has a pretty large gap
-Finger Grinds like butter
-Finger spins out of the box were a bit rough but over the course of a few days of being handled and such, the laser engraving seemed to smooth out a bit and seemed to handle fingerspins much better (Iā€™m no finger spin expert)

And now, one of the longest finger grinds Iā€™ve ever done.