iwasawa tower laceration

can i have a tutorial for it??? no matter how many times i watch in 1st person slowmo i cant figure it out. Also can i have a tutorial for 1.5 hook?

Unfortunately, there is not too much out there in terms of tutorials for these whips, it is a matter of watching and trying. This has been typed up, and hopefully will help you in learning:

Be sure to use this guide as you watch “Hook Trick the World.”

Watch the video to get the idea of how the trick works. It’s confusing to get, but, unfortunately, also the only way.

Then try to form the tower/place the strings while spotting a dead yo-yo. If you get the tower, you’ve done it right and figured out the trick!

Then whip the string hard, and hope to land it! XD It may take MANY tries because this trick is, let’s face it, just plain hard to learn.

Here is a step by step list of what happens in mid-air:

1. String hits NTH finger (like in a brent stole)
  2. String continues and hits your front four fingers and loops down (Tell you why in the tips section)
  3. String continues it’s path and loops down and back creating a hoop (like in basketball) that you land the yo-yo through
  4. Yo-yo comes down through that loop and lands on back string (when we ignore the basket)
  5. Slide string off four fingers (done while yo-yo is still falling for the smooth single motion)
  6. Ta-da!

It’s strange to explain, and this might makes things a little worse at first, but follow the video with these steps and it might help.

Now for some tips:

1. Don’t give up! This trick is hard to learn.
  2. Whip hard…like…really hard.
  3. This trick is most like an extension of a 1.5 hook. Imagine a 1.5 hook, but think of what will happen if you let the string fly around and keep going as opposed to stopping and hooking the yo-yo.
  4. The reason I tell you (and you see Ryo do likewise) to use the back of your four fingers to hit the string as opposed to your wrist is that it will be easier and faster to slide the string off your hand to form the tower (last step).
  5. Keep your hands close together so the string “basket” is larger and easier to fall through.

Okay, good luck in learning the trick and hope this helps you along the way!

1 Like

thanks! now i need to get my 1.5 hook better. i hit it 1/20 times about. uggggg. i need some buddyjim string

hey man i know this isnt much of a TUT

but check this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg-6z7cQW9I&feature=related

that is the same one i keep watching. and have been for a whole week

Yeah, it would be a good idea to get down 1.5 hook before trying your hand at tower laceration. For 1.5 though, its a matter of sticking with it and just going for it. The concept is relatively simple, execution is not. :frowning:

Keep at it, it’ll get better. Stick with your light string, as using fishing line stiff as a crutch would not be ideal when you want to switch back. It’s good for getting the idea down and getting the motion, but for 1.5, you probably know the motion quite well, it’s just a matter of how you are supposed to tweak it to land 1.5.

Just keep swimming. :smiley: You’ll get there. It may take an aching arm and some perspiration, but you’ll get it.

what is funny is with some buddyjim, its like 6/10 instead of 1/20. but i suppose its bad that i have no execution… i fail :smiley:

When I try 1.5 whip I end up with a small twist in the string. ???

^^^

Most likely you are just hitting the wrong string. It is still a 1.5, but the other string string has hit it and the cross in the string in not formed, rather, a twist in the loop is.

still working on the ebil twick called 1.5 hook

i was working on my backstring NV and landed it into an iwasawa tower, but not the full whip and it was not satoshi either. HOW!!?!!?!??

Excuse me Professor 1Slave25, What is ebil twick? A Trick or possibly a misspelling, lol j/k. Also what do you mean by backstring NV? Still learning all the Lingo and Terminology, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_BmdcGizaU

See Keep up the Good Work, Hope you don’t take any of my picking to serious. It builds character, lol. So now you need to make a tutorial on that Backstring NV(Ninja Vanish).

sorry to necro, but i cant get the “hoop” to swing. i finally figuered out the trick, i just need the swinging hoop and THEN i will land it, i can land the right string, just not thru the hoop.

i have 1.5 hook down, i can do it 100% of the time. =D
only problem is that when i go and try to do iwasawa tower laceration, i can’t get the loop of string to go around far enough around my wrist at the end of the trick, no matter how hard i whip it. any tips? =(

same here

yea ive known how the trick works the moment i saw the “hook trick the world take3” thing, but actually getting it to whip around the fast and smoothly, not so easy to do.

there’s a point to where you cant whip the string any faster, since poly string is so lightweight.

somehow, if you press against the string, it whips around faster. didn’t help with the wrist thing tho.

haha never mind, i finally got this trick about 2/3 of the time. =)
i started whipping the string with a wrap around my index, just like in the sideways style plastic whip, and that helped. Also, press down a little into the string when you get to the brent stole part, while keeping your hands close together. once the loop hits your wrist, move your nonthrowhand forward, without separating your hands too much. This will make the string segment that the yoyo should land on closer to the slack that is coming around your wrist.

me-sa so happy i-sa esplode!!! ;D