It's going to be hard to get.

I don’t understand why people even want to do this to themselves. You know from shopping on your own how a thread should look. Can’t tell me that everyone doesn’t respond better to a thread that has almost nothing but pics, a direct description, a price.

When I see a bunch of rationalization or have to take any time at all to see the yoyos and what you want for them, I just pass right on by. So, my threads never look like that.

offer big? which one? the tom hanks movie? the rapper? the Belgian information centre for dangerous goods? What is this big that everyone wants so badly?

I’m convinced that BST forum will NEVER change. I believe it’s like that by design. The more chaotic the board is, the more people gravitate towards buying “New” product from the store. I for one rarely offer on ANYTHING anymore because of all of the reasons listed in this thread.

The BST is like looking through the clearance rack in a store. You have to go through a lot of crap, hoping to find a great buy buried in there somewhere. I find that “offer up” with no price listed extremely annoying. It seems more people are seeking to get yo-yos appraised, than actually looking to sell. I’m only interested in BST threads where people know exactly what they will take to let go of an item. I don’t have time to waste with those who are unsure.

1 Like

This thread spells it out perfectly. I just bought a Chief and Puffin together (I had to offer, and get pictures) , and it was a great deal. Exactly what I’m looking for, but it made me realize that I wanted to make my BST different. So, I took the time to make it very clean and take very good pictures that explain everything. I also feel like I set my prices to a point where I’m giving them away (12 for 160obo) , but such is life in the BST. I almost don’t even take it seriously anymore unless I know someone has a good thread; for example, Sebby has a great one with low prices and pictures.

I saw this in the Bst a kid says in his Bst

I have so and so yoyos in the mail and then list them off, after the list he writes

“None of these yoyos are for trade or sale so don’t even ask”

LOL WHY WOULD YOU WRITE THAT THEY’RE ON THEIR WAY TO YOU IF YOU HAVE NO INTENTION OF GIVING UP any yoyos. That doesn’t make sense to me, I rther have people say offer big, than list something they won’t get rid of regardless of the situation