It’s happening! The newest member of the Arctic Circle family!

:star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::partying_face::partying_face:

10 Likes

I can attest - it is exactly what you have been waiting for! :star_struck:

12 Likes

I love everyone!

4 Likes

dat boi

5 Likes
2 Likes

@AndreBoulay Will you be getting these in here at YYE?

3 Likes

Someone is seeing green.

4 Likes

So I get that small changes in shape and weight distribution can change how a yo-yo feels but:

12 Likes

Here’s a clearer profile shot of the Boy:

8 Likes

Can you label these for me?

3 Likes

In order:
Bear Trap
Wildfire
Borealis
Snow Lizzard
Kayak
Kodiak
Boy

6 Likes

It’s also worth noting that the profile doesn’t tell the full story. I’m not super familiar with CLYW’s stuff; do these all have similar cup designs as well? Are any bimetal? Those two things will also greatly affect the weight as well as the distribution of that weight.

2 Likes

This is the best :sweat_smile:

It just kept scrolling and scrolling.

CLYW to sponsored player:

“We want you to have your own sig.”

Sponsored player:

“Oh sweet! Can it be like if a Gorge and a Pickaxe had a baby?”

CLYW:

“You know, I kind of like the theme we have going already. How about like if a Kodiak and Borealis had a baby?”

Sponsored player:

“Oh… Uh… Yeah, sure! That sounds sweet!”

(I’m being facetious of course, don’t @ me.)

7 Likes

Now I would be first in line buy that YoYo @unklesteve

Or a Canvas/ Peak Hydrid Bi-Metal the “Couloir

4 Likes

One thing I would note is that in my understanding of the design process for this YoYo, Ayumu was very particular in what he wanted and there was a substantial amount of prototyping and trial-and-error.

I don’t know how all throws are designed, maybe sometimes a company just sends a guy three yo-yos and says “Pick one as your new throw”. But that definitely isn’t what happened here.

3 Likes

But what?

2 Likes

There’s very little significant variation in the shape of a lot of their releases. Like I said above it doesn’t take too much to make them feel different I’m sure, but it’d be cool to see them try different stuff more often.

2 Likes

You totally forgot to add the Manatee in there lol.

3 Likes

They have done this before with the Igloo:

The funny thing is that when this thing dropped, a lot of people’s reaction was like: “This doesn’t feEl lIKe a cLwY!”.

7 Likes

Yes you are correct that the profiles are very slight iterations if eachother but if you actually play all of them one after the other you will notice that those iterations feel way different…sometime the little tweeik makes it feel faster and sturdier sometimes the tweak makes it feel floatier and slower can’t wait to actually get my hands on this one and see

3 Likes