It is impossible to be sad while playing with a yo-yo (my origin story)

:fist_right::boom::fist_left:

yoyos are :heart:

11 Likes

:+1:

Thanks for doing what you do, man. Really made a difference for me

3 Likes

Man, what a beautiful way of encapsulating the joy that yoyos can bring. & I thought it was only for me.

A couple years ago I became obsessed with yoyoing & did it pretty much 24/7 with all of my friends. It was a really cheerful time in my life, until I moved away. I stopped yoyoing & didn’t bother to make new friends, essentially became an internet dwelling shut in. I was fine with this dreary lifestyle until it eventually caught up to me. I had frequent existential crises & was always in a bad mood. That all changed when I picked up my trusty skyva for the first time in years.

Yoyoing has always been an endless source of joy for me & pulled me out of a bottomless pit. Stay strong.

7 Likes

You know I was just going to try to make a quick cute pun(not making light of your depression at all) but nothing I typed seems quite right. So, I guess from the heart it is. It’s hard moving, and I am glad that you stumbled on this new home. Welcome!

3 Likes

I was excited when he offered to send me one too! At first I thought @codinghorror was a scammer and was just trying to get my address. :joy:

7 Likes

I, like most of us, am also obsessed with these hand gyroscopes. I have yet to get this worded correctly but I find great joy in the fact that I find inner balance through the balancing of a simple toy. It is people like you though that makes this community such a great place, and the community exponentially raises the positivity of yoyoing.
What I am trying to say is @codinghorror, Thank you for being you! Thank you for being a positive force in this community and in my life.

4 Likes

thank you so much for just existing peeps like you are amazing. I agree with you it is impossible to be sad while throwing. Throwing has helped me with my pretty bad anxiety but the only thing is when I don’t have a throw then i find it hard to keep together which is why I always make sure to have a “hand gyroscope” at all times wherever i go.

7 Likes