It is 2021 and One Drop

I tell you one thing that One Drop does not do well, … they don’t make enough mystery boxes. They throw a few up on the web site and BOOM, gone. I’ve checked every day for 2 months but no luck. NO LUCK! And I will tell you another thing, they like to torture their customers. They release something like the Deeper State, and when it sells out do they replenish stock? Noooooooo. I was short on funds when it dropped and when I was ready to buy, … nothing. And still nothing. I have a tip for them, … Stop making your yoyo’s so good. Then maybe they will not be bought up so fast and people like me will have a chance. But nooooo. You would rather see me suffer. How is a (61 year old) kid supposed to enjoy life if he cannot get the yoyo he wants? Do you know what you are doing to the youthful spirit in this country? Now, GET OFF OF MY LAWN! … … … Grumpy Old Man signing out. :stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

I think we all need to worry less what we all think about our throws and just respect that we all will have different taste in brands, shapes, strings, bearings, and pretty much everything else in yoyoing. I agree with @YoyoGeezer to an degree we shouldn’t just disregard bi metals just because one drop doesn’t do them or that we haven’t found one we like, we should always be willing to expand our taste in throws, we never know if we will find our next favorite. BUT I completely disagree that Bi-metal is always outperform a mono metal. It depends on what tricks you want to do, your speed, the style you are going for, so many thing go into if a yoyo will be a good performer than just bi metal being a must. But again, thats just my opinion so whatever give you more fun is what you should do and what you should throw.

2 Likes

KyoDRmg1.PNG

This bimetal was made by one drop and Kyo

11 Likes

id way rather give money to one drop or one drop made products. especially when new “boutique” companies are charging the same price or more for a mono metal made in China…

I’m sure its hard for them to compete in manufacturing in today’s global economy. im sure they are trying their best with what they can

3 Likes

That is a Tri metal…

Correction >>> hejjafish pointed something out to me. He said the Death Robot ‘is’ just a bi-metal.

Sure fooled me.

Turns out the limited version had bronze colored stainless rings.

So, unless you knew that(I obviously didn’t) it appeared to be a tri metal(mag/stainless/bronze).

My apology to yoyojoe for my jumping to the conclusion I actually knew something factual😳

5 Likes

So it seems One Drop jumped straight from mono metal to tri metal and completely skipped right over bi metal!!! Love it! :grin:

2 Likes

Yes, I agree. There are some boutique yoyo companies that charge more than $80 for a monometal. Give me a break!

2 Likes

I think the death robot is just bi-metal. Mg +SS.

2 Likes

Including One Drop.

In fact, my favorite monometal of all is the most expensive (aluminum) yoyo in their catalog (VTWO, $100).

3 Likes

So what is your favorite One Drop released in the past year?

2 Likes

Not sure if you’re asking everyone or just @zslane, but my favorite release of 2020 was the Nitro.

4 Likes

Everyone.

1 Like

Panorama, hands down

4 Likes

The only new One Drops I’ve bought in the last twelve months have been a Silhouette and a Free Solo. I like them both about the same. I wanted to try the Rev.2 but, alas, it was never released in orange.

1 Like

There’s no doubt in my mind that if OneDrop ever had an idea in mind that could only be realized as a bi-metal they would do an absolute bang up job of building it. I’d pay whatever they asked because I know that if they felt compelled to build it, then it must be really something. I do not want them to compromise their quality, attention to detail, ethics and everything else that makes OD unique just to follow the trends.

I find myself throwing an OD more often than any other brand of yoyo, and I could care less if its bimetal, trimetal, monometal, 6061, 7068, 7075 or whatever. What matters is how it feels and plays, and there’s at least one model from OneDrop that fills every 1A/3A/5A niche… now they just need to cover 2A and 4A lol.

4 Likes

Just a quick question: Is there any other yoyo company that can make the bearing seat not tight like OD does?
Bimetal or not, this OD feature is INCREDIBLE.

1 Like

The MK1 Exia I had had a perfect bearing seat fit. Not loose and easily removed by hand. @MarkD knows what’s up apparently.

2 Likes

To be quite fair to other yoyo companies, not all of the exias are like that. There’s a range of fits in the exia runs and many of them are tighter or looser than that, mostly a bit tighter.

4 Likes

I read somewhere, on here probably, where David said that getting the bearing seat just right, especially when accounting for anodization requires incredible precision. OD can do it since they do their own machine work. To avoid vibe many who outsource their production go a bit big on the post since that is the safe way to go. We’re talking thousandths of an inch.

3 Likes

I think they actually go tighter than .001" on the seat/ post

2 Likes