Is This the Best Metal Yoyo Under $30?

I bought this Yoyo with the intention of not liking it. But throughout this review, let me tell you about how wrong I was!

The hotdiggity yoyo from Magic Yoyo is Dylan Kowalski’s signature throw and is one that I think you will really like if you are on a budget. It is light and airy but has a power to it that is hard to explain. It just works! If you haven’t tried it yet and want a new budget yoyo, definitely check this one out. It is available through yoyoexpert.com

15 Likes

B-grade atlas. Very serious performer. And only 25 dollars. May not suit everyone’s style though.

3 Likes

Looking forward to watching the review. Looks like it is outta stock on YYE though.

4 Likes

Edit: oops wrong thread, please delete

Glad you love it so much! :smiley:

I haven’t tried the Hotdiggity yet…my current favorite sub $30 yo is my Duncan Barracuda. I got it for about $20 new during a sale and it’s just an awesome throw! Love the shape, looks and performance!
I think @mystik would agree with me on it being a great sub $30 throw :smiley:

6 Likes

Also, great review BTW! Really enjoyed watching!

3 Likes

Since there is no “best” only “favorite”, I have to say that I don’t have a favorite metal yoyo under $30. Heck, I don’t even have a favorite plastic yoyo under $30…

5 Likes

Cool review! I haven’t tried the Hotdiggity yet personally. My favorite sub $30 metals are the Duncan Strix ($20 here at YYE) and the new shutter trainer ($25).

5 Likes

Absolutely @twitch77! Barracuda is my jam.

4 Likes

I feel as if you added the green cup just for me!
:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Darn! It was litterally just in stock. When it does pop up, it’s definitely worth buying.

2 Likes

Once I try it out, it will be a great comparison! Thanks for the feedback.

3 Likes

C3 Cyber Crash is my favorite $30 and under but I’ve been wanting to try a Hotdoggity. I know that @ChrisFrancz is a big fan. Nice review, thank you.

5 Likes

I agree with others that “best” is gonna be meaningless as there are so many good performers even at this price point. So I’ll interpret that as favorite mono under $30 retail…

HotDiggity is definitely one of my favorites under $30. This price bracket can sometimes feel rather soulless with throws that perform well but are rather uninteresting. HotDiggity is not that. You can tell Dylan put a lot of love into it.

+1 to the Cybercrash. It’s a really fun, powerful, zippy throw that I need to give more love to.

The Vosun EZSpin is also up there for me. Super cheap depending where you find it and just a really good founded V. Actually prefer it over the Vanquish.

Lastly, if you can find it under $30, I really enjoy the Duncan Counterpunch.

@Justyoyoreviews Nice review! I really like your speaking voice and the way you approach the review. Not too hype, but not too sedate. Just a nice middle ground that feels authentic. Not sure how I feel about the short review in the beginning and then the After-Yo section. After listening to the whole thing, I kinda wished it had just been the After-Yo section. But that said, I see the value in a quick short-form review.

Edit: also I wish I could grow a beard like that. Mad props.

3 Likes

I appreciate the feedback! The idea behind the After-Yo is that I post the 1-minute reviews directly to Instagram. At the end, if people want to watch more, they can click the link and get to know it a little bit more. But if all you need is a minute to decide to pull the trigger, then no time wasted and 1 minute does the job! Short and simple is the main idea with all of the information you want.

3 Likes

Like others have said or implied: what one person considers best, another person may consider their least favorite. I don’t think I could say what my best under $30 yoyo is. I have lots and most have their own feels / merits and each one suits my roulette wheel of different moods. I guess I shouldn’t be replying to this thread since I can’t recommend one single yoyo.

6 Likes

I avoided Magic Yoyo like the plague for a long time. I decided randomly to pick up a galaxy version because I that lack that type of splash in my collection. Well I am very impressed with this yoyo. It’s a great jack of all trades yoyo that plays above its price level. It has a nice competition shape and feel without that added weight that can fatigue you. And it has character whereas some yoyos just feel generic and boring.

4 Likes