Is this right?

I recently got a Shutter WA for my birthday and it is really loud. Not that this is a bad thing but it is. Can you guys help figure this out? I know I could just get another bearing but I think that maybe if I clean it it will stop.

Try a lttle bit of thin lube and throw it a bunch to see if the bearing will break in. If it’s still loud after that, then maybe replace it.

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like

Did you get the bearing to quiet down?Sometimes a bearing will be silent right out of the box and then will get loud. No need to fear or start ordering new bearings. This happens sometimes. It usually quiets down. If not I add a tiny drop of thin lube. Be careful not to use more than a tiny drop. Let how us know how you’re making out…

3 Likes

This happened to me with my most recent bearing purchase. It was super smooth and quiet out of the box, then got insanely loud. I tried to play though it and it completely seized up, so I had to lube it. It works just fine now.

2 Likes

Maybe try desheilding the bearing, I know that Brandon Vu has a pretty good tutorial on how to do that

1 Like

Welcome to the Forums! Too much work in my opinion. In 5 years I’ve never deshielded. Lube will sink through the shield. I just use a paper towel to thoroughly dry the bearing and the miniscule amount of lube that may remain on the shield. I guess I’m just lazy but hey, to each his own!