Is There an AUSTIN TX Yoyo club?

We can definitely try there in February. I’ve been thinking of changing the meet spot for a while.

Gonna be joining the SA meet this weekend. I’ll have details out for the next meet soon!

1 Like

Maybe. Though I’m still racking my brain because I don’t want us to cause anyone trouble either. I’m keeping an eye out still. Anyone have any other ideas?

I went by that place and it’s cool, but how accessible is the free parking? I think for now, we can join again at comal park

Hey all,

See y’all next Saturday 2/17 from 3 - 5pm @ comal pocket park

Here are the tentative meet dates for the rest of the year! I threw some Sundays into the mix if it works better for some people

2/17
3/16
4/14 Sunday
5/18
6/15
7/20
8/18 Sunday
9/14
10/19 Sunday
11/16
12/15 Sunday

2 Likes

Hey everyone, I’ll be heading up from San Antonio for tomorrow’s meet. Excited to chill with some fellow throwers, it’s been a while.

3 Likes

Can anyone come through with some spare strings? I’ll pay you for them I’m out

I’m sure I have some to spare.

1 Like

See y’all at 3!

1 Like

Just wanted to check, is the meet on this Saturday 3/16 still happening?

1 Like

Hey all,

It seems it’s gonna be raining today so I’ll be canceling today’s meet.

We will try for next week on the 23rd!

Current schedule
3/23
4/14 Sunday
5/18
6/15
7/20
8/18 Sunday
9/14
10/19 Sunday
11/16
12/15 Sunday

hello, i’m hopefully gonna be in austin for the weekend, is there any more info you can send ?

1 Like

We’re meeting tomorrow (3/23) from 3 - 5pm at Comal Pocket Park!

300 Comal St, Austin, TX 78702

See y’all there

2 Likes

i’ll bring my fov case w some string and extra yo-yos for trade, better to be over prepared than underprepared :smiling_face:

2 Likes

See y’all there tomorrow!

Hey all, I’m just curious. My sister in-law ran into someone throwing at the downtown library in Austin on Monday April 1st. She stopped and talked to the person because she knows how much I’ve gotten into the hobby lately. She had her two kids with her, a 10 year old boy and an 8 year old daughter. She sent me a clip of this person doing a trick. I thought I’d ask if it was one of you because I figure he’s surely a forum member here. Let me know if that was you or if you may know who that was. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey! It’s not me, but we’ve had a great variety of people come by.

Last month we did have a younger boy and his mom come out who was very good, he’s the one kneeling on the right.

(Everyone here gave me permission to post this pic)

I’ve met a fair share of younger players that are really good as well so it’s great to hear!

1 Like

Hi @VidTrent!
It was me who was yoyoing at the library most likely. I yoyo pretty frequently at the library for practice.

1 Like

Hey all,

We have a meet this Saturday (5/18) at Comal pocket park, 3-5pm

Here’s the schedule for the rest of the year:
5/18
6/15
7/20
8/18 Sunday
9/14
10/19 Sunday
11/16
12/15 Sunday

1 Like

Hi guys, just a heads up, I will it not be hosting tomorrow.
Much too busy this weekend!

Stay tuned for next week, also the San Antonio meet is almost always in session near the end/beginning of each month!

1 Like

If anyone is looking to buy any of these yo-yos, I will see you tomorrow July 20 at the park.

Yo-yos for sale:
Two YoYo Friends Vultures for $110 (scratches with vibe)
Two Plastic Luftverk 000s with YoYofriends Shortcut for $40 (minor scratches)
Atoms Projects Abel for $40 (scratches, no vibe)
Or all of them for $180 ($10 off)