Is my axel broken HELP ME!

Hello guys! I’m having a really bad problem with my yo-yo called “the Wedge” and when I unscrewed it the axel is shredding a little and when I tried to just put it back on it won’t tighten when I screw it back together. Is this an Axel problem? `

Youtube video of it

You can try to purchase an extra axle on YYF’s shop. But for the price of the Wedge I would not reccomend you to do so. Good luck!

1 Like

Where did you buy it?

1 Like

In YYF Europe there are spare axles (I suppose there are axles on the YYF US shop too)

1 Like

Try not to take them apart ever!!!

2 Likes

It is nearly impossible to damage a yoyo axle from taking them apart xD

1 Like

Umm… in the video it appears you are trying to screw it back together backwards. Remember… “righty tighty, lefty loosy”.

4 Likes

Imagine being a day worrying about having broken your axle and then you realise you have been trying to screw it backwards haha

2 Likes

I seriously try with all my might to never take apart my throws I pick my knots with either a tooth pick or something else…yoyo maintenance shmaintenance!!!

2 Likes

I tried it the other way… it’s still broken I will show you

https://youtu.be/zld93wW0eEk

Take a close up clear picture of the yoyo half that the axle is supposed to screw into, maybe angle the picture a bit so we can see the threads. Then take a close up clear picture of the axle end as well. That’ll be easier to see than a video.

1 Like

If there were metal particles, there is a good chance it’s stripped. I would say try a little more finesse when screwing it back together. You should feel when they start to grab.

Or try removing the bearing so you have a little more room, and see if it’ll screw back together

1 Like

OH MY GOODNESS YOU JUST SOLVED IT LIKE OH MY GOD I WAS SCARED!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Thank you so much!

3 Likes

Glad I could help! Welcome to the forum btw! Lots of good guys here who are always willing to help!

1 Like

What was the solution btw? Just curious

1 Like

Give me one moment I was live streaming it and I am going to upload the video to show.

1 Like

It’s still uploading but I can give you what happened in short, the finger grinding spots on the side were connected to the bearing or the axel I forget… So when I pushed out the axel it apparently pushed out the silver thingy on the side of the yoyo so I pushed it back in as hard as I could and heard a “Click!” sound effect… I was confused so I did it to the bearing on the other side and I also heard a “Click!” sound effect… I tried to twist the yo-yo back on and it became fully functional! I was so relieved! Thank you so much!

1 Like

Sorry if my accent sounds southern lol I’m from Massachusetts so that’s kinda weird… Finally out! :slight_smile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We3rrfZTz4I

1 Like

Actually the bind not working is cause the throw needs to be spinning opposite the bind side so if throw spinning forward tail needs to be opposite of spin…also regardless of speed you need certain amount of string length to activate bind if not enough string no bind…good luck!!!