Is it just me or do......

One drop yoyos Vibe on grinds badly brand new out the box?

I don’t do many grinds so its not a big deal but I was just curious if maybe I received bad throws cause they’re always so smooth on string but then on grinds it feels like super vibey. Could just be me tho.

I’ve have bought and each vibed out the box…
Cascade (vibe on grinds wasn’t too bad but it did vibe on grinds.)
Code 2 (super bad vibe on grinds)
Yeletes (vibe wasn’t to bad, grinded well without much vibe)
Summit (super vibey like the code 2)

I ask because I want to buy another summit when they drop I acquired one finally thru a friend here in Portland who got one in Eugene can’t say who tho :slight_smile: anyways I will also be getting a GZR code 2 and don’t want to trade my model 10 for a Yoyo I won’t like. I love one drops but it would be hard to trade one of my model 10s for a throw that vibes on grinds when the model 10 doesn’t vibe at any point even during grinds.

I will still continue to support one drop but was just curious if Anyone else had this problem or if maybe I just got unlucky 4 times because each of the above listed yoyos was bought brand new.

Thanks guys, any feedback would be

ive never seen a new model OD with any more than a pinch of vibe…thats weird

Yeah man, vibe on grinds isn’t a big deal to me at all but I’m just so curious how it can be so smooth on string but feel super vibey on string especially my summit which I haven’t unscrewed yet cause I’m afraid the vibe would get worst. So I might wait till I get new side effects. Aren’t one drops supposed to be screwed down super tight? Is that true or myth?

Check out the video beginning at 5:30. If tightening the yoyo doesn’t eliminate the vibe, take one of the side effects our, rotate it 180 degrees, then put it back in and retighten - that will reorient the halves of the yoyo. You can keep rotating the side effects until you find a spot that’s smooth. I’ve never not been able to smooth out a side effect equipped yoyo by doing that.

1 Like

What “Mr Rod” said!! I too have had similair experiences just move the SE’s around and your good to go. I always switch out SE’s anyway so it takes a little trial and error… Once they are right though… Look out!!! Another great thing about SE’s IMHO…

1 Like

Wow thanks man! I’m deff gonna try this right now. But honestly I haven’t had this summit longer then 2 hours and it vibed right out the box  I always check me out before throwing them regularly. Or should I always do this after getting a new one drop?

You have to tighten firmly, and don’t be afraid the SE’s can take it.