Inspired by the Original Freehand/The New Freehand One AL

Oh this is amazing!!

3 Likes

@bjardin any chance itā€™ll come in green? :smiley:

4 Likes

More teasers of Colorways and ā€¦

https://www.instagram.com/p/CI3OWOOh1h9/?igshid=1egu9lnc387s0

2 Likes

I want them to do some crazy ano jobs on these. Maybe a special edition series where they copy famous dye/paint jobs like Calico Joe, Higby, Eric Wolf, Torre Baby, or Luke Vader.

4 Likes

Dylan over on youtube has a new video up!

4 Likes

The OG Freehand is OG Plastic.

How can an aluminum Freehand be a return of the OG when the OG was Plastic?

Iā€™m not saying for a second that the new Aluminum Freehand isnā€™t good or better or waaaay better than the Original.

But the New Freehand isnā€™t the OGā€¦

Funnystuffā€¦

5 Likes

I think youā€™re stating the obvious on this one Doc, and Iā€™m not sure it even needed to be stated.

4 Likes

I know I said the obviousā€¦ Because I thought about what I said before I posted it up.

I simply wanted to state the reality of the situation.

What I find most interesting is your feeling compelled to tell me something I already knew.

ā€¦Why advertise something as something it is not?

Itā€™s not the OG Freehandā€¦but thatā€™s obvious and should go without saying. I donā€™t think theyā€™re saying that this is the Originalā€¦just that itā€™s inspired by the Originalā€¦an update to the Original. A call back to the Original.

Of course itā€™s not.

5 Likes

It is the new Freehand 1, after the 1 and the 2 and the Zeroā€¦ It may be circular?

2 Likes

Sorry to interrupt,
Can you take the caps off and run without.
What weight are the caps, are they similar to the other Al caps?

That organic shape hits the spot.

4 Likes

i seem to recall duncan saying cap swaps are possible, not sure what the innards look like though and whether you can go w/o or not. just guessing, iā€™d imagine theyā€™re similar to the freehand al (which i have not used) so perhaps if you can use that w/o the caps, you can use this new freehand one al w/o caps.

4 Likes

The Freehand AL did not have removable caps, right? Why is this one going to be different in this regard?

Ah were they not removable on the FHAL? my mistake. the FH1AL are removable according to duncan though:

One of the coolest features of the Freehand line of yo-yos has always been the caps: You can collect 'em, customize 'em, and show 'em off to your friends. Caps are cool. So one of the features we just had to include with the Freehand 1 AL was interchangeable caps. Keeping with the reputation that the Freehand has of being a very customizable yo-yo, in addition to interchangeable caps, you can also interchange the bearing from the default full-size bearing to a half-spec, allowing your Freehand to shred both responsive AND unresponsive tricks! ā£ā£ā£ā£

https://www.instagram.com/p/CI3OWOOh1h9/

3 Likes

I think I read somewhere that they felt like it was a lost opportunity to not make the AL from earlier this year have swappable caps.

3 Likes

Caps can be removed on the Freehand ALs, see links and techniques below

Same technique by @yoyodoc with a Door Knob;

3 Likes

Hmmm

Iā€™m too cheap to purchase a car shop so that I can remove some yoyo caps!

:stuck_out_tongue:

They can be removed but they werenā€™t really designed to do so.

I spent a bunch of time editing what all the original colors would look like with all the different caps lol. It was kind of fun and oh man some of them looked good!

Really glad this new One AL is designed to have swappable caps! :smiley:

1 Like

You can use a normal Bike pump as well,

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-_JpNJBTjr/

2 Likes

Exactly. Iā€™m not a modder. I donā€™t mind swapping out parts that were meant to be swapped out, but if I need power tools or more force than I can deliver just with my hands, Iā€™m not gonna bother.

4 Likes