Infinity & Beyond

Just got the infinity in yesterday. I like it a lot. I don’t own a lot of yoyos but the Beyond was my most powerful throw in my collection. However the infinity trumps the beyond in terms of power.

The difference in power is actually pretty damn impressive. The Infinity is on a level of its own in terms of power, though the extreme rim weight contributes to its heaviness, making it feel heavier than the beyond.

The gap width is slightly wider than the beyond, but this makes a huge difference with binds in my opinion. The beyond had a tendency to snag a lot with sochi fat, much better and just as tight with sochi normal but still somewhat snaggy every now and then. The infinity though, the binds are absolutely perfect. I barely get any snags at all. It’s not slippy either. It’s the best yoyo in terms of bind consistency I have tried so far.

The extra cut and the rounded edges near the bearing makes it a lot better for finger grinds. I can’t horizontal but I believe it will help with horizontal stability and help it lose less spin time. On a side note, the infinity has a shape that’s extremely similar to the original bimetal edge, which means that the rims are a bit more angled compared to the edge beyond, which are closer to the kedge and the kuntosh, which means that they are near flat. This means that despite the yoyo being very wide, the catch zone is still rather narrow since catching the string with the relatively flat rims will cause the yoyo to momentarily “grind” on the rims, killing spin time and tilting the yoyo off axis. The infinity doesn’t suffer from this issue unlike the beyond.

This yoyo is really something else. Even though the rims are probably similar in total volume compared to the beyond (as the thickness is increased a bit but the width has decreaed a little), it seems like the fact that the rims are a bit more concentrated towards the edge makes them more rim weighted. The thin aluminium cups on the outside adds just a little more rim weight on top of the SS rims, making them even more rim weighted.

The weight is pretty much the same as the beyond at 64.88g (edge beyond weight 64.8g), which makes it even more impressive. I honestly think this is probably nearing the limit of rim weight on an aluminium/SS bimetal design, as I believe that it would compromise on the durability of the yoyo if the aluminium walls were to be any thinner.

I would love to see more discussion regarding this yoyo and what people think about it, but there aren’t a lot of reviews on it on the internet. I’m curious how these compare to other high end bimetals like the hummingburd, draupnir, OD draupnir, and more. I’m quite inexperienced when it comes to different yoyos since I only have 4 in my possession. I still love reading and watching yoyo reviews though.

Also, the yellow + blue colour combination is just beautiful. But honestly, I feel like yoyos almost always look much better in person than the photos, no matter how good the quality of the photos are. The photos never do justice on how good a yoyo looks in real life.

13 Likes

I’d love to at least try those one day. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and welcome to the forums, or at least posting for the first time.

3 Likes