Incredibly Looney Listings

Sure but it’s funnier that way.

1 Like

I found this one pretty looney.

The Seller posts the yo-yo and then has text about 3 pages longer than one of my oratories…. And doesn’t say a single thing about the actual yo-yo up for sale except the Company name and model.

I am not familiar with that particular model, but, regardless, the price seems a bit steep for what I’m seeing?

6 Likes

pretty sure that Ari was Spoils/B-grade on their site that sat for a long time. iirc it was grabbed during their sitewide mega discount :rofl:

4 Likes

That’s just shady, if true.

I will say that I picked up a Spoils grade Pomodoro from Atmos and I have yet to figure out why it’s spoils grade. lol.

1 Like

Well, they only allow 15 days for ‘handling’. Pretty valuable throw… :wink:

And is cholesterol and gluten free!!

1 Like

Have to watch out for those overseas Proxy sellers, 1/2 the coin from the Mercari source ¥45,600
(Including tax) Shipping included US$331.06

https://jp.mercari.com/en/item/m69079669894

There is a Peak over there too ¥170,000 (Including tax) Shipping included US$1,234.20

https://jp.mercari.com/en/item/m23289620911

4 Likes

I been following the Japan market for a while, this listing shakes more than my confidence, but at least the seller in being honest about Seventh Heaven. Only 200,000 yen (US$1,462.00)

https://jp.mercari.com/en/item/m85764060015?_gl=1*14w9ae8*_gcl_au*MTk0NDQ0MjkyNS4xNzI1NjI2OTcz*_ga*MTYwMzk1Mjg4NS4xNzI1NjI2OTcz*_ga_842NK55EJL*MTcyNTYyNzAzNC4xLjEuMTcyNTYyNzA5MC4wLjAuMA

ヨーヨーリクリエーションのチタンヨーヨー
「SEVENTH HEAVEN」です。
希少性の高いヨーヨーです。
スピンギアで購入したワンオーナー品です。

状態は多少振っていたので小傷があり微ブレです。

(Translation)
This is the titanium yoyo “SEVENTH HEAVEN” by Yoyorecreation .
It is a very rare yoyo.
It is a one-owner item purchased at Spin Gear

It has been shaken a little, so there are small scratches and it is slightly wobbly.

1 Like

Bro not even if the yoyo is forged by the Gods of rotation and a group of virgins bring me the yoyo in a red cushion made with the most soft feathers ever existed from a rare animal that gave them just to let the yoyo rest on them and meanwhile cupido play Bach on a little harp and in that moment I get transported in Paradise where San Pietro ask me to teach him one of my tricks and then after he learn it we have the best pizza margherita ever existed and at our tables there are: God, Michelangelo, Califano, Picasso, Pavarotti and other historic celebrities that all together we joke and we drink beer, but not a simple beer, the best beer ever created, brewed by the elf monks that make beer from the first day our world was created and we all live forever happy and without worries that I gonna pay a stupid yoyo $1400

9 Likes

Funny… multiple of these (seventh heaven yoyo) have sold for the $1k-2k range. I wouldn’t say it’s a looney listing at all.

1 Like

I picked up a sparked seventh heaven this year for less than $300. I think that price is pretty high personally.

1 Like

tbf I’m not sure ppls willingness to pay crazy prices makes the prices less crazy

1 Like

I totally understand, but if the market is willing to pay, then that’s what the thing is worth.

I don’t personally believe any MFD is worth more than 1-1.5x MSRP but we see literally all these people buying and flipping them for 2-3x instantly. Makes no sense to me, but clearly that’s what the market thinks they’re worth.

1 Like

saw this and was shocked at the asking price…

then i scrolled down

3 Likes

I turned down an $800 offer for mine. That was a year or so ago - but the Seventh Heaven is a super-rare titanium version of the Sleipnir. If you collect YYR this may be worth $1400 to someone in order to complete a collection.

3 Likes

Because the first owner (Xavier Ng) sold it for around the same price and the second seller to pass it same price for quick sale.

Both have taken into consideration that 7th Heaven is not longer in collectible grade, that’s the reason for the price. Other than that, the most recent saw on Mercari sold in last 6 months is ~ $1200