In the future

Electric commercial aircraft

Feel free to continue…

4 Likes

Martian Colony composed of Elon Musk’s offspring

2 Likes

near-frictionless yo-yo bearings, 2 hour spin time

11 Likes

And we will still be preoccupied by which yo-yos spin the longest. I can picture it now:

“Well that one only spun for an average of 135 minutes during my trial… not nearly as good as my daily throw which spun for 145 minutes averaged between 10 throws…”

5 Likes

My thought is that the string rubbing against the response is what limits current spin times. If there were a way to eliminate or dramatically reduce that, it would result in a huge jump forward.

3 Likes

Stringless yoyos that you play with by creating and manipulating small magnetic fields.

5 Likes

Bearings that spin my magnetic forces= no friction

1 Like

Sounds like @zslane :joy:

4 Likes

Yo-Yo AI that does string tricks on its own.

1 Like

Not true for a strong centering bearing though, the string basically never touches the edges, at least not on a throw to sleep!

2 Likes

Common sense will be common again.

6 Likes

Yeah, that’s fair. :blush:

1 Like

Agreed. I’m referring to improving spin times during play. That would be a welcome advancement. I almost think a particular technique combined with a new design could accomplish this, much like the bind ushered in unresponsive play.

2 Likes

Hyperloop, clean Romaine Lettuce.

6 Likes

We will finally devised a method to effectively teach 2A.

8 Likes

Yes, we can hope for contaminant free lettuce in the future. After that all is well in the world. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well in that case maybe I’ll pray for non-GMO corn and soy beans in the future?

2 Likes

Yay! non GMO all the way!

A grooved centering magnetic bearing. Inner race and outer race oppose each other and float. Zero friction.
Edit: Should have kept reading. @Marm already mentioned this.

3 Likes

I read it, but I was saying It’d be magnetic

2 Likes