Impressive bi-metal

15477340177944023179326929514110 I must say I quite impressed with this bi-metal! It’s purchased this for under 35 dollars, it came responsive but with an extra bearing to play unresponsive, so if anyone is looking for a responsive bi-metal, this is pretty sweet! The coating is great! Not bead blasted, feels close though,good for grinds, it has a step up, very very welwell rim weighted,no vibe at all when the slim bearing is in, slight vibe with the bigger bearing, that’s all, just thought I would share. Hope everyone has a great day! God bless! Almost the weekend !! Lol

2 Likes

What is it?

1 Like

It’s a Spintastics Space Monkey, released in 2017.

4 Likes

why would someone make a responsive bimetal lol

2 Likes

You can swap out the bearing, but the reason to make it stock responsive is so that they can sell it on Amazon without falling prey to bad reviews about it not coming back up. There’s a lot of weird things about amazon marketplaces where they will actually delist your storefront if there are too many low reviews on something, regardless of why the reviews were low.

8 Likes

Lol that’s exactly what I thought as well

1 Like

Looks like a YYF Boost a little bit.

1 Like

I like reading yoyo reviews on Amazon. Most are from people that never purchased a yoyo since they were a kid and they end up getting an unresponsive and call it garbage in the review. Caveat emptor. They just don’t know.

1 Like

I have a very vague memory as a kid of trying an unresponsive metal yoyo and thinking it was a failed design because it wouldn’t return. The thing is, this memory can’t possibly be true since there were no such things as unresponsive metal yoyos when I was a kid (or even as a young adult), so I have no idea how this so-called memory ended up in my brain.

Nevertheless, I can easily see how someone who has no knowledge of unresponsive yoyos might come away thinking that they are just badly designed.

1 Like

Maybe it was a responsive yoyo with a string really loose on the axle.

…and reviews saying a yoyo is bad and unbalanced because it tilts or that it’s impossible to wind the string because the center piece spins. Another review will call the yoyo great and that they learned to bind on X or Y website. Oh, well.