I'm sorry 😞

I realized that my last thread could have been taken as malicious or condescending and for that, I just wanted to apologize. That was not my intention at all. That’s why I tried to preface it by saying I didn’t even have the necessary skills because I thought about making a review, but didn’t feel like I could give yall accurate info, so that’s just how I felt. If you enjoy making something then don’t ever let anyone’s OPINION stop you from creating the things that you enjoy. Everyone has a different outlook and perspective on things… that’s just life. I absolutely love this community which is why I try so hard to be a part of it. From the bottom of my heart…I only want everyone that is a part of this community to be successful in whatever it is that you choose to do, as well as be happy while doing it. Each an everyone of you are special and don’t ever let anyone make you feel like you aren’t. Chase after you dream no matter what it may be, never let anyone tell you that you aren’t good enough, and let’s keep playing with these yoyos. Hope everyone has a fantastic day.

I love you all

-Christopher Jared Cotton.

24 Likes

Dude, you’re totally good.

I love your content, I love you’re videos, I love your attitude in yoyoing. You are a force for good in this community.

You just happened to have touched a bit of a nerve among the forum demographic. Granted, it’s a nerve that’s pretty easy to touch, you’ll find it pretty much any time you suggest that more skill is better than less skill. I know I mentioned there have been times that I have not so much touched said nerve as grabbed it and yanked :joy:

Of course I don’t call the shots here, but personally, I like to see some more “kumbaya” and group hugs here. If y’all listen to reviews like Throws n Brews, cool. He seems like a seriously chill dude. If you feel like you want someone more qualified in the skill department, that makes sense too!

Just please don’t come after those who make a thread differing with your opinion.

There is so much division in the world today. I would like this little corner of this hobby that is very dear to my heart to be untouched by that.

Let’s put this one to bed, and move on.

Mr. Cotton, you’re an awesome dude. Keep making your videos. Keep being a part of this community.

I know the best is yet to come :+1:

8 Likes

Thank you brother. I hope you have a wonderful day :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

You too my dude! I’m looking forward to the next video.

2 Likes

Working on it today :grin:

1 Like

No need to apologize. I disagreed with a few things in the original thread, but it’s nice to hear differing opinions, to get a different perspective on things.

4 Likes

Hope your day is super blessed

2 Likes

You too! Hope ya have a solid day.

2 Likes

I guess I didn’t see anything from you in that other thread that warranted any sort of apology. You posted an opinion, explained why you saw things that way and sparked some interesting discussion for both points of view. Isn’t that what this forum is for?

Sure, a couple folks got a little testy about your opinion but that’s inevitable. Acrimony exists in every discussion, from “Dodge vs. Ford” at the local tavern to learned archaeologists arguing the order of events in the Younger Dryas period. It goes with the territory.

Anyone should be able to state an opinion, no matter how controversial, and not have to be afraid of having people snarl at them for it. That sort of attitude will absolutely destroy the opportunities for meaningful discussion on this board.

So feel welcome to state your opinions and feelings, and welcome the discussion that follows! We’re here to improve, both in skill and in our mindset regarding this hobby. No apology necessary!

Ivan

7 Likes

Thanks Ivan

1 Like

Everyone has different opinions and everyone is free to share their opinions

2 Likes

Damn man, giving up on skating on a seven step board-slide? No pro boards at this level either.

I could barely ollie a 3 step. Didn’t have it in me to try a kickflip. Performance art is difficult in all facets.

I agree that you have good points in your yoyo review crit. Making comments about a yoyo’s ability to do anything above what you can do is disingenuous.

I come from a ‘never got good, but love yoyos’ style of buyer, but I got a style of my own and can feel a lot of these characteristics. Id rather not tout them though.

Don’t apologize for your opinions. You want a yoyo that is gonna make your game shine. That advice is already out there; organics for fun, V for pure competition, something in the middle for your niche. Sometimes you can watch an inferior yoyoer to you play a yoyo in a review, and just know that it could work for you. I don’t think reviews are for pros, so I really think it all just depends on having a good review style for whether people will like it. Do your ‘amateur doing a yoyo review’ video, nobody is going to hate on you for not being mad good.

5 Likes

Yeah man lol. I was warming up to go back feeble the 12 stair and got wrecked so I couldn’t film the video I was there for, so I haven’t skated since. Hahaha

2 Likes

Ivan has hit some gold here. I dare say that this applies to life in the real world, just as much, if not more than on a forum.

People are entitled to any opinion they would like to have, they aren’t entitled to push opinion as fact.

3 Likes

Chris; can you convert that text to English?

Thanks

5 Likes

Which one? Haha

That_———-^

4 Likes

Oh ha. I was warming up my body to go do this trick called a back feeble down a big rail and hurt myself in the process

1 Like

Clear as mud…. Thanks Chris

5 Likes

I hope you have a blessed day doc :blush:

2 Likes