Im new to kendama

I’m new to kendama what’s the difference between Sticky paint, Rubber, and cushion?

1 Like

Here’s a great guide from Sweets (based on their lineup)

4 Likes

Where’s the velvet one here that fuzzy one is nearly an impulse buy.

1 Like

That thing is crazy! Imagine how quickly it gets grody…

3 Likes

Just stick with Mugen Musou or Ozora. Cushion is like a vinyl spray they use but it peels off easily, sticky is a tacky polyurethane coating to the tama and rubber is just that. Mugen has a micro abrasion coating that kind of feels like 4000 grit sandpaper, holds the cups but also lets some slide happen so you can adjust.

2 Likes

Give Cushion a try. I find sticky has too much grip and rubber has too much slip. Cushion is a perfect mixture of the two and allows you to make small movements and adjustments. I might be in the minority, but I kind of like that the paint peels or cracks. I like visible proof that I’ve been using it and progressing.

2 Likes

Cushion is nice. It also feels like it absorbs a bit of the impact, which I think is where the name comes from. But it really helps stick lunars. It also seems to stay more consistent feeling throughout breakin. But I’m still in my first year of kendama, so I’m no expert.

This is my favourite mod so far:

Sweets Grovemod :turtle:

2 Likes

I wanna get the cushion Cooper Eddy!

1 Like

Awesome! That one looks really cool. And since it’s a few years old, you can probably find it on clearance. I know YYE still has some of those models in stock. I really like the Boost shape. I haven’t even had a chance to try the Amped, but the boost feels well proportioned to me so I think I’ll stick with it for now.

Just recently set this 365 ken up with a cushion clear tama. It’s amazing.

2 Likes